Good night for saving money

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

Good night for saving money

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Saved some money last night. 1.5hrs with over 400 worms. Lots of moss collected. Should last a few weeks.
IMG_20190720_002925_236-1280x1280-960x960.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Rutilus
Roach

Re: Good night for saving money

Post by Rutilus »

Goodness that's super efficient work! At my age and my back I'm afraid my nightcrawler collecting days (or rather nights) are long over. Even in the good times I struggled to get 100 in a couple of hours though. At the prices charged for lobs perhaps you should start your own business :Hat:

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Thats a good haul CC, how will you keep them ?

I used to put all my unused collected worms onto the compost heap in the corner of the garden ( when I had a garden ) and always had a ready supply, these days I usually go out of an evening and "water" the edges of the Yorkshire Stone footpath , at the back of the house ,leave it a few hours and there are always worms poking their heads out later on.
I am a bit dubious about going out to the village verges and bowling green etc with a torch at midnight , I may get accused of things other than worm collecting :Confused:

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

CC a word of caution. I don't know where you undertake the nocturnal activity of acquiring lobs but some 50 years ago a good friend of mine ventured to Fox Hollies Park in Birmingham at 1.00am armed with a torch and bucket after a day of heavy rainfall. On his hands and knees with the torch clamped between his teeth he was recovering a substantial number of lobs for the Chub session due to commence later that day. Suddenly there was not one torch beam on the ground but two - followed by ' Ello, ello, ello, so what's going on here?' The local bobby had spotted the torch beam of the lob hunter and had come to investigate and being a non angler was not convinced by the response that my friend was collecting worms. The advice of the bobby was 'Go home and don't do this again sonny.'

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Old Man River wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:30 am
... I am a bit dubious about going out to the village verges and bowling green etc with a torch at midnight , I may get accused of things other than worm collecting :Confused:

OMR
In my teens, I was out one night collecting lobworms on the lawns of our farmhouse, and found myself staring into the twin barrels of a 12 Bore shotgun. :surrender:
A neighbour was on his way back from the pub after a lock-in, and decided to make a citizen's arrest.
The chap could hardly stand, so I very slowly surrendered and left the area.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

I simply added soil from the garden and a layer or two of damp moss.

Loving the bobby stories. :whistle:
IMG_20190720_130018-684x912.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”