This forum belongs to Waggoners Wells.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Waggoners And Me............

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Great stuff, glad to hear she made someone else's day too.... :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Is this available to fish on a day ticket and/or overnight ticket Stu?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Loop Erimder wrote:Is this available to fish on a day ticket and/or overnight ticket Stu?
Day ticket on the bank - if you see a bailiff. Think it's a fiver. No night fishing, no fishing between March 15th and June 15th (dates inclusive) and no fishing from the east bank of the second pool.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

^^^What he said^^^
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

GloucesterOldSpot

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:^^^What he said^^^
Actually, the no-night-fishing rule is pretty irrelevant. Unless you have a death wish you wouldn't want to fish it at night - seriously, you wouldn't. The chances of tripping over a root and breaking your neck are high enough in broad daylight, never mind pitch dark, and it really does get dark there - so much so you literally cannot see your hand in front of your face. And then there are the mozzies...

If the physical dangers are not enough to put you off, the psychological ones will; it's a strange place at night, and whilst the spooks that come down out of the hollows and the woods won't* cause you any harm, you never know who is exploring the contents of your car half a mile away...

*Probably

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

I think it's the car thing that put's me off G. I have half a feeling that the bailiffs wouldn't care if you angled after dark, but do so at your peril. I have thought about it in the past and haven't ruled it out, those carp can be so tricksy during the day, perhaps they drop their gaurd at night, perhaps I'll never know......
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

:think: i'll skip the possibility of night time then
thanks chaps
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

GloucesterOldSpot

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I think it's the car thing that put's me off G. I have half a feeling that the bailiffs wouldn't care if you angled after dark, but do so at your peril. I have thought about it in the past and haven't ruled it out, those carp can be so tricksy during the day, perhaps they drop their gaurd at night, perhaps I'll never know......
I know a few people have fished it at night. I very much doubt anyone would come down and throw you off, but I prefer to fish without looking over my shoulder all the time; I do enough of that down there in daylight, what with flying hounds leaping off the high bank after sticks, and strange rustlings in the undergrowth at dusk - not to mention all those other places where beastly things* creep up on me and make me jump.

*Cattle, horses, other anglers...

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Absolutely brilliant write up SK and some great photos :hat: :thumb: :mrgreen:
It certainly seems my sort of carp pool, its a place I'd like to fish one day - as I really really enjoy stalking wary carp on old overgrown pools.
I notice you weighed what was probably the smallest carp but none of the big ones :o - maybe when I've caught as many large carp as you I'll stop weighing any carp under 25lb :D
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Indecisive and inconsistent, that's me.....

I’ll be getting back to the Wells later this year, so perhaps I'll see you down there?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Return to “Waggoners Wells”