Crucian book 'Crock of Gold'

This forum is for discussing crucian.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Crucian book

Post by Mark »

I have just purchased a copy of 'Crock of Gold' from Amazon.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Julian
Salmon

Re: Crucian book 'Crock of Gold'

Post by Julian »

Bought it last year. Fantastic book, excellently produced - the sort of book you really like to own.
Has some amazing photos of 7 or 8lb crucians from the continent, and really is a complete A to Z of everything you could ever want to know about crucians - a mine of information.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Looking forward to reading it. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

An update on the crucians.The breeding stock were put in the pond in March.Fifty fish 6-8 inches.They were at least 3 years old.Our supplier assured me that some would breed this summer.I understand that males can start at 3 yrs.Females from 4 yrs.So all digits were crossed.I have seen plenty of fry in the pond recently.I am certain that they are crucian fry.Peter said that there will be lots more fry hiding in weed so we hopefully have been successful.
The young fish came from two different sources.John Wall (John Wall Fisheries) supplied the first fifty 6-8 inch fish for the main fishing pond.These were stocked in July 2011.Andy Parker(Handy carp).Supplied the stock pond fish.Only a handful of crucians have been caught in the main pond so far.They are very elusive.They will be growing on though :wink: ...
Without Peters book i doubt that this project would have started.All you have to do is secure a couple of ponds and away you go is what i would suggest to anyone wanting a crucian fishery.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Marvellous stuff.......

All this talk of crucians is killing me. Not able to get out after them but have visited the moat a few times recently and heard of a few capturing some splendid specimens. I have practically my own water for them during the week, think it'll have to be the odd hour during my lunch break until angling time opens up once more for me.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”