Crucian re-stocking

This forum is for discussing crucian.
Duckett
Tench

Crucian re-stocking

Post by Duckett »

Following on from my recent Crucian post, I thought that this might interest people.

https://www.psac.co.uk/2019/12/13/psac- ... 0-crucian/

The Bream Pond referred to in the article is the one I was fishing in my post below. Members have been moving The few Carp in it out and into a nearby pond ...... actually about 10 feet away ...... since the summer.

Hurrah! Another Carp free water where pure Crucian can hopefully thrive. It also has Bream.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: Crucian re-stocking

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Excellent stuff Duckett - one of the club pools I fish was stocked earlier in the year with Crucians and Tench but my efforts at tempting a Crucian only resulted in a couple of Tench but my word am I looking forward to April 2020 - you bet.

:Thumb:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:09 pm Excellent stuff Duckett - one of the club pools I fish was stocked earlier in the year with Crucians and Tench but my efforts at tempting a Crucian only resulted in a couple of Tench but my word am I looking forward to April 2020 - you bet.

:Thumb:
I still think that Crucian are the most interesting and challenging fish in still waters. The ones in Bream Pond appear stuck at the size of the 2 in my post below ..... though my not being able to catch larger ones present is likely! I’m hoping the absence of Carp will both allow them to grow and to breed.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Always good news to hear of crucian angling and anglers :Thumb: Well done to Port Sunlight AC and the EA :Hat: Your club looks to be a similar if slightly larger version of the club I'm secretary of Ducket, and provides equally good value by the looks of your website. Your fishing on the Dee sound very interesting!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Liphook wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:42 pm Always good news to hear of crucian angling and anglers :Thumb: Well done to Port Sunlight AC and the EA :Hat: Your club looks to be a similar if slightly larger version of the club I'm secretary of Ducket, and provides equally good value by the looks of your website. Your fishing on the Dee sound very interesting!
They are a very progressive club in many ways. Lots of members always willing to help introduce youngsters and women to angling on days arranged with the EA as part of a deal with them helping to fund the Fireman’s Pond redevelopment some years ago - another carp free water with Crucian.

This is the second stocking with Crucian this year, though the first was thousands of tiny Crucian fry!

Although I live in London I keep my membership up because they are so good and to fish with my brother on trips back home.

They do provide excellent value though I haven’t had a chance to try the River Dee stretches yet. I know some of the stretches from my youth but they and Shropshire Union Canal stretches are forward looking deals with other clubs.

Phil

Phil

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

That's interesting Ducket as I've moved north after a long spell living in London, but have retained a couple of club memberships from down south to similarly assist clubs who are fighting the good cause of angling. I do occasionally make forays down to the Salisbury and District waters but the other two clubs I just support for their policies of providing quality mixed species angling for all at affordable prices. Something I think is essential in these days of a dwindling uptake in the sport.

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”