Magical misty morning

This forum is for discussing chub.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

Magical misty morning

Post by Chevin Chaser »

With the first frost of the year I had to visit the Gt Ouse. A very eerie presence and wonderful time to be on the bank. To begin with I caught several small chub. An overhanging tree was my next target, placing my bait right under it on the nearside, bouncing the bait a foot away from the bank, soon a couple of gentle plucks were felt and a solid resistance was met on the strike.

Screenshot_20201105_105053.jpg
Screenshot_20201105_105032.jpg
IMG_20201104_134822_685.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Magical misty morning

Post by Lea Dweller »

What a great write up, the pictures of the venue, the method, the swim and the fish are superb! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Lovely photos. I almost wished I was a morning person myself :Hahaha:

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Trilob wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:22 pm Lovely photos. I almost wished I was a morning person myself :Hahaha:
Now you finally know, what morning looks like ... :Chuckle:

Great pictures and report! Well done, Vito!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Yes well done again Vito :Thumb:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done Vito, you certainly catch some lovely chub in the rivers you fish. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Lovely fish. Mornings like that used to drag me to the river like a magnet but, at the moment, I seem more content to sit in the warm. Note to self, get motivated.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Lea Dweller wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm What a great write up, the pictures of the venue, the method, the swim and the fish are superb! :Hat:
Many thanks LD, it's a very simple method but alot of walking and choosing an area of water that gives me that 'gut feeling'
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Trilob wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:22 pm Lovely photos. I almost wished I was a morning person myself :Hahaha:
Haha, I like to start early when chub fishing, but I've always been an early bird.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Duebel wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:23 pm
Now you finally know, what morning looks like ... :Chuckle:

Great pictures and report! Well done, Vito!
Thank you :Thumb:

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”