Not long now

This forum is for discussing chub.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

Not long now

Post by Chevin Chaser »

The river season will soon be over and the Gt Ouse is finally fishable. Yesterday afternoon, after work, I popped down for a few hours. I used my sons Edgar Sealey medium ledger rod. Fantastic little rod it is too. Although the handle is little short, you soon get used to it. I play all my chub keeping the rod low and winding in slow and the Sealey copes with that superbly. 6lb 2oz, 5lb 4oz, 5lb 3oz.
IMG_20200305_191154_036.jpg
IMG_20200305_191154_038.jpg
IMG_20200305_191154_039.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: Not long now

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Chubtastic! You really are a master chub catcher. The fish look in fine fettle . A great session well angled sir :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Cracking fish Chevin.... if you find the rod's handle a tad short, have a word with Wal and try one of his superb handle extensions... they are approx 4" long and screw into the threaded end where the button fits (if the rod has one) if it doesn't... thats the end of that suggestion
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Wonderful fish - another super session.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

Belting chub!! well done sir
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Splendid Chub there! The way things are going you may have to change your to Chevin Catcher!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Aitch wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:16 am Cracking fish Chevin.... if you find the rod's handle a tad short, have a word with Wal and try one of his superb handle extensions... they are approx 4" long and screw into the threaded end where the button fits (if the rod has one) if it doesn't... thats the end of that suggestion
Hi Aitch,

I actually don't mind the shorter handle when playing a fish, however I find it a little too short when it's rested on my leg and into a strike. It's my sons rod, which he hasn't used yet. He will be out tomorrow with it, so hopefully he will like it, if not then I'll keep it here and alternate its use with my others. I have seen one of those extentions at our recent Chub Study Group AGM. Sean Meeghan has one, so I might contact Wal, they look very well made.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

They are... I have one on my Allcock's Wizard and as well as making the rod handle longer giving a bit more leverage, it balances the whole rod up nicely
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Lovely fish.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Brilliant fishing CC ! It’s now or never, but we’ve got FIVE metres on here in Hereford. Four days to go....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”