Oops I've done it again!

This forum is for discussing chub.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

Re: Oops I've done it again!

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 am I think maybe you should stick to the rod you're using, it seems gifted. But I'm sure you played your part too :Chuckle:

The fish of 99% of anglers dreams, a brilliant catch.
I totally agree Dave, I think I'll leave the idea of owning another rod for now, it's a treat and not a need. I'm in no rush so it can wait.

It's a mixture of the rod being gifted, a lucky beanie hat :Chuckle: and watercraft, something you can't really teach :Thumb:
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Banksy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am Congratulations!
Luck doesn't enter into it.
After eight swims without a bite, I should have given up.
You carry on to ninth, worm your way into a jungle, drop a bait exactly where it is right.
You fully deserve the rewards for your determination and persistence. :Hat: :clap:
Hi Banksy,

I think most would of done.

That's my style of fishing, I try and find swims like that, and if I can get to them then l'll fish it. With all the floods and unpredictable weather changes recently, the chub have become more cautious and at times like this it pushes the fish into tighter areas.

Thanks again :Thumb:
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

That is a lump make no mistake. Well done, CC. What bait were you using?
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 pm I don't know what the record is for the chub as I'm not really interested in such, but, the way you are going it could be a possibility, just imaging the record chub on a Chapman 500 and a Mitchell 300, now that would be something. No pressure of course.

Thanks
BB
BB,

If that was to ever happen :Beg: haha!!!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Amazing fishing and what a fish! :Hat: :cheers: :wave:
One day, somewhere, someone will bank a double figure chub.... Oh for it to be on a Chapman 500 and Mitchell 300. :Beg:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Solithar
Roach

Post by Solithar »

:drool:
Lucian,
A beginner angler thankful for the endless and blessed joy of angling.

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

Marc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 am That is a lump make no mistake. Well done, CC. What bait were you using?
Marc, thank you.

I used good old cheddar cheese :Thumb:

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”