The Rising Antenna

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Troydog
Tench

The Rising Antenna

Post by Troydog »

Thanks to Tengisgols endorsement, I bought this book by Jim Baxter and it arrived today. What a magnificent tome; i only had to look at the list of contributors to know that I have a great number of hours of real pleasure and learning ahead..... I probably spend more on fishing books than I do on tackle and bait combined these days.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: The Rising Antenna

Post by Mark »

Troydog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:12 pm Thanks to Tengisgols endorsement.
Yes Tim I have just ordered myself a copy.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Here's hoping someone in the family have taken the hint....well did ask what I wanted for my upcoming birthday.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

It is a fantastic book. Jim has written a sequel about top-and-bottom floats, mainly stick floats but also covering Avons, balsas etc, I'm hoping he'll make progress soon with sorting out a publisher.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Phil mentioned it to my good lady who bought it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago...
It is indeed a very informative book....
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

As mentioned in my post in February, I was lucky enough to be presented with a copy of this wonderful tome last Christmas ... and it has been part of my plans for the coming season ever since !

https://traditionalfisherman.com/viewto ... na#p414314
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

It is one of the beauties of TFF that you gradually get to know other members through their posts and their pictures. That’s why I have bought several fishing books since I joined, purely on the strength of the person making the recommendation. Needless to say, I have always been delighted with the result!
I have spent most of my fishing life finding the occasional great fishing book in second hand bookshops in places like Hay on Wye. But I’m just not going to live long enough to find a book like The Rising Antenna anytime soon....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”