Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tengisgol wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 pm
Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:21 am Just self published by Derek.

A bait boat and modern horror free story about Essex and Kent ( mainly carp ) fishing in the 70s and 80s

Brought back some lovely memories !20201218_101721.jpg
I've been back in touch with Derek recently after nearly forty years. When I was a kid, Derek lived at the bottom of my road and helped source my carp rods and converted Optonics by Les Bamford. Had a cup of coffee and a good chat and it was great.
My Bob Morris supplied Delkims just had their first minor repair, I think 40 years may see them out of warranty!

My memory of the crowd growing behind Derek at the Eagle- the Mini Carp Mobile, the (first ever?) rod pod sat on the pavement. And the major difference between him and us- the foil lifted and he had a carp on!

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Bobthefloat wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am
Tengisgol wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 pm I like him. If you put aside the lack of cane and pin, he is a true traditional thinker and hunter of fish. He has that sixth sense and knack of becoming as one with his environment. I think him and Yates would get on very well. Like Hutchy and Yates. Good books.
They have both met at Skeffs Ashmead! I believe.
I think i remember him telling me someone won a competition to fish with them?
Two former carp record holders
They have. Both good friends of mine and lovely people.Both exceptional all-round anglers with a deep understanding of their quarry and nature.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Skeff wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:40 am
Bobthefloat wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am
Tengisgol wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 pm I like him. If you put aside the lack of cane and pin, he is a true traditional thinker and hunter of fish. He has that sixth sense and knack of becoming as one with his environment. I think him and Yates would get on very well. Like Hutchy and Yates. Good books.
They have both met at Skeffs Ashmead! I believe.
I think i remember him telling me someone won a competition to fish with them?
Two former carp record holders
They have. Both good friends of mine and lovely people.Both exceptional all-round anglers with a deep understanding of their quarry and nature.
:Thumb: :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”