Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Just self published by Derek.

A bait boat and modern horror free story about Essex and Kent ( mainly carp ) fishing in the 70s and 80s

Brought back some lovely memories !
20201218_101721.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I have one of Derek's Merlin's... lovely chap he fishes a water across from our club lake... he did offer to propose me to the club, but it was more than I could afford... a really nice helpful chap whose achievements have gone largely un noticed especially when you consider he is /was the chairman of the carp society...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Aitch wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:44 am I have one of Derek's Merlin's... lovely chap he fishes a water across from our club lake... he did offer to propose me to the club, but it was more than I could afford... a really nice helpful chap whose achievements have gone largely un noticed especially when you consider he is /was the chairman of the carp society...
A hero of us carping kids in the East End. We used to wait until he packed up and then search the margins for his secret bait!

Trout pellets but with Stritton magic !

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Tonytoned wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 am
PondLife wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 am
Tonytoned wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 pm
PondLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:39 pm Only this week it came to my attention that Terry Hearn had released a new book. Being a fan of terry's i went to the calm productions website to order a copy only to find they has sold out. So then i went to ebay to try and find a copy at a reasonable price only to be horrified at the prices they were selling for, on average over £100. Seems to me enterprising individuals only bought the book or books in some cases to make a profit. Not sure whether to congratulate them on their business prowess or condone them for profiteering . Probably the latter .
Hello PondLife

They are publishing a second edition at the end of January 2021. It should retail for about £35 I looked myself.

Here is the link:

https://calmproductions.com/through-the-mist

Scroll up and you'll find this:

- Second Edition re-print -

This will be available from the end of January 2021

Author: Terry Hearn
Format: Hardback

Good luck

Tony :Hat:
Thanks for the tip off Tony. Will be scanning the sight everyday towards the end of January :Hat: .
Your very welcome, so will I. Have a good Christmas and a Happy New year. :Hat:
Thank you tony. Lets hope we are both successful in acquiring books in January. I don't want to have to wait for a third edition. And happy Christmas to you as well sir. :Hat:

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

Post by Greenwells Glory »

If you want a real treat for Xmas check out 'Esox Lucius' from Harper Books. Only 30 copies left I understand. After initial sales that saw it flying out the book hasn't needed pushing. It's a real gem, possibly future 'classic', and if anyone can produce a book better than Harper I'd like to see it.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Greenwells Glory wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:26 pm If you want a real treat for Xmas check out 'Esox Lucius' from Harper Books. Only 30 copies left I understand. After initial sales that saw it flying out the book hasn't needed pushing. It's a real gem, possibly future 'classic', and if anyone can produce a book better than Harper I'd like to see it.
I ordered a copy last week . I'm praying it makes in time for Christmas. I agree with you about Harper, they do make exceedingly good books :) .

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

PondLife wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:10 pm
Greenwells Glory wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:26 pm If you want a real treat for Xmas check out 'Esox Lucius' from Harper Books. Only 30 copies left I understand. After initial sales that saw it flying out the book hasn't needed pushing. It's a real gem, possibly future 'classic', and if anyone can produce a book better than Harper I'd like to see it.
I ordered a copy last week . I'm praying it makes in time for Christmas. I agree with you about Harper, they do make exceedingly good books :) .
You won't be disappointed mate - fingers crossed for you!

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Greenwells Glory wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:48 pm
Actually i just emailed Stephen Harper 30 minutes ago to see where my copy is. I ordered it on the 9/12 and it was posted last week. i'm praying now it's not been lost in the Christmas post.

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

PondLife wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Greenwells Glory wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:48 pm
Actually i just emailed Stephen Harper 30 minutes ago to see where my copy is. I ordered it on the 9/12 and it was posted last week. i'm praying now it's not been lost in the Christmas post.
Post does seem particularly bad at the moment. At least you've mentioned and if it is lost you'll be in time for a replacement.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:21 am Just self published by Derek.

A bait boat and modern horror free story about Essex and Kent ( mainly carp ) fishing in the 70s and 80s

Brought back some lovely memories !20201218_101721.jpg
I've been back in touch with Derek recently after nearly forty years. When I was a kid, Derek lived at the bottom of my road and helped source my carp rods and converted Optonics by Les Bamford. Had a cup of coffee and a good chat and it was great.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”