Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Terry Hearn's new book " Through the Mist"

Post by Paul F »

RBTraditional wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:23 pm I’ve just googled this chap.... carp angler, carbon rods, boillies, bite alarms etc etc. With the way he “fishes” and I use the term very loosely, as I’d call it trapping. I can’t see what has this got to do with the TFF???
:Hahaha: :Thumb: Well said :Hat:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Paul F wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:38 pm
RBTraditional wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:23 pm I’ve just googled this chap.... carp angler, carbon rods, boillies, bite alarms etc etc. With the way he “fishes” and I use the term very loosely, as I’d call it trapping. I can’t see what has this got to do with the TFF???
:Hahaha: :Thumb: Well said :Hat:
Oh!...Here comes the tar and feathers! I thought he was just enquiring about a book ?

:Confused:
Last edited by Tonytoned on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

PondLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:41 pm Terry Hearn is not just a one trick pony. He's a very skilled all round angler and also fishes for other species using conventional methods .

EG. https://www.drennantackle.com/terry-hea ... ver-roach/

And if i recall correctly he's also caught dace over a pound on float tackle and lots of large perch plus he catches a lot of his carp using surface baits, which is not what i'd call trapping.
I'd have to agree! Superb angler, modern fisherman or not. :Thumb:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 pm I like him. If you put aside the lack of cane and pin, he is a true traditional thinker and hunter of fish. He has that sixth sense and knack of becoming as one with his environment. I think him and Yates would get on very well. Like Hutchy and Yates. Good books.
Totally agree Tengisol, very knowledgeable, especially when he fishes very low stock waters. I think that would be a great pairing too.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Thoroughly enjoyed his books and articles over the years and I'm sure I’ll enjoy this one. An exceptional angler and great communicator.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Except for boilies (probably would of used them if they'd been around) Dick Walker meets the above criteria and he is regarded as an icon on this forum. :Chuckle: :Thumb:
Last edited by PondLife on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Tonytoned wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 pm
PondLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:39 pm Only this week it came to my attention that Terry Hearn had released a new book. Being a fan of terry's i went to the calm productions website to order a copy only to find they has sold out. So then i went to ebay to try and find a copy at a reasonable price only to be horrified at the prices they were selling for, on average over £100. Seems to me enterprising individuals only bought the book or books in some cases to make a profit. Not sure whether to congratulate them on their business prowess or condone them for profiteering . Probably the latter .
Hello PondLife

They are publishing a second edition at the end of January 2021. It should retail for about £35 I looked myself.

Here is the link:

https://calmproductions.com/through-the-mist

Scroll up and you'll find this:

- Second Edition re-print -

This will be available from the end of January 2021

Author: Terry Hearn
Format: Hardback

Good luck

Tony :Hat:
Thanks for the tip off Tony. Will be scanning the sight everyday towards the end of January :Hat: .

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

PondLife wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 am
Tonytoned wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 pm
PondLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:39 pm Only this week it came to my attention that Terry Hearn had released a new book. Being a fan of terry's i went to the calm productions website to order a copy only to find they has sold out. So then i went to ebay to try and find a copy at a reasonable price only to be horrified at the prices they were selling for, on average over £100. Seems to me enterprising individuals only bought the book or books in some cases to make a profit. Not sure whether to congratulate them on their business prowess or condone them for profiteering . Probably the latter .
Hello PondLife

They are publishing a second edition at the end of January 2021. It should retail for about £35 I looked myself.

Here is the link:

https://calmproductions.com/through-the-mist

Scroll up and you'll find this:

- Second Edition re-print -

This will be available from the end of January 2021

Author: Terry Hearn
Format: Hardback

Good luck

Tony :Hat:
Thanks for the tip off Tony. Will be scanning the sight everyday towards the end of January :Hat: .
Your very welcome, so will I. Have a good Christmas and a Happy New year. :Hat:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Oh dear, carper bashing at a target you know nothing about. One might say, what has that got to do with the TFF.

Terry Hearn is probably the most highly respected carp angler in the country. He is a true naturalist, studies his target fish and will often fish for just one specimen on a large, low stocked venue. Anybody that can do that is a quality angler. His success rate beggars belief and, he's caught lots of other species too. His approach is both traditional, modern and, at times groundbreaking. Remind you of anyone?

Peace and love brothers of the angle. :Sun:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 pm I like him. If you put aside the lack of cane and pin, he is a true traditional thinker and hunter of fish. He has that sixth sense and knack of becoming as one with his environment. I think him and Yates would get on very well. Like Hutchy and Yates. Good books.
They have both met at Skeffs Ashmead! I believe.
I think i remember him telling me someone won a competition to fish with them?
Two former carp record holders

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”