A "Silent Auction" to end this year .....

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

A "Silent Auction" to end this year .....

Post by AshbyCut »

..... and hopefully to herald in a better New Year for us all ... and for the TFF !!!

With Mark's permission ... I am offering the prize of a brand new and unread copy of Mark Wintle's fine and sought after "Big Roach 2" in order to raise funds for the continued support of this wonderful forum ... which I can hardly believe I will have been a member of for 9 years come 2021.

This is the black boarded hardback edition.

I am inviting bids for the book (including delivery, of course) to be sent to me by Private Message ... and I shall keep a secret record of every bid.

I will post in this thread only an update on the number of bids I have received ... the bids will remain "SILENT."

The 'auction' will run until midnight on New Year's Eve, and the winner will be announced on New Year's Day morning (when I eventually get up !!! :cheers: ).

In the event of a tie ... the names will go into my new tweed cap, and the name of the winner drawn out by Mrs. AC ... whose impartiality is, of course, unquestionable (especially when she's hung-over !!! :Chuckle: )

Good luck to all ... and here's to a better year to come !!! :Hat:

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: A "Silent Auction" to end this year .....

Post by Olly »

A superb gesture! :Hat:

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

What a gent - fabulous gesture indeed and such a good book as well - I am sure it will do you proud.

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The first bid has been received. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Two bids have now been recorded !!! :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

3 more bids have arrived today ... that's a total of 5 now ! Only 10 days to go !!!

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

:huray: :huray: :huray: ROLL ON THE DRUMS !!!!! :huray: :huray: :huray:

With great pleasure, I can announce the the winner of the silent auction is ....

MOLEY

Thanks to all who made bids.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done chaps.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”