Top shelf stuff

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Sneezewort
Bleak

Top shelf stuff

Post by Sneezewort »

I’m a bit of a bibliophile ( as I’m sure many others on here are), and my favourite authors are Messrs Yates, Watkins-Pitchford, Henry Williamson and Ian Niall. I love the artwork illustrations in the works of these particular writers, but of course it’s their prose that’s so sublime - dream inducing stuff! I’ve added a pic of my top shelf “grab from the flames and get out” stuff.. hope you recognise some in your own homes too!
Last edited by Sneezewort on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Top shelf stuff

Post by Dave Burr »

Some lovely books there, your favourite authors are shared with many on the forum. The Quiet Fields is one BB book I've overlooked, I must search it out.

Sneezewort
Bleak

Re: Top shelf stuff

Post by Sneezewort »

If I had to choose one author to take to “Desert island books” ☺️ It would be BB. I’ve just managed to get a 1st Ed(albeit a little delicate) of the fisherman’s bedside book -1945, and the Wayfaring Tree. I’m sure you have it but if not look out Indian Summer - written in his own Indian summer. It remains my favourite I think.
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”