How to catch them books for sale

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
ReelMaker
Brown Trout

How to catch them books for sale

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,I have three books for sale in the series Roach ,Chub and River Fly Fishing.all priced at £5each plus postage.Ive had new covers made with exception of the chub book . I’m now giving up fishing and looking at some new hobby.Thank you Reelmaker.

Reedling
Catfish

Re: How to catch them books for sale

Post by Reedling »

Giving up fishing and looking at a new hobby, surely once a fisherman always a fisherman.. you will be back surely or at least leave a few rods behind the door.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Giving up fishing! That’s a very sad thing to hear, do hope you are ok?
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

ReelMaker wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:01 pm Good morning fellow friends,I have three books for sale in the series Roach ,Chub and River Fly Fishing.all priced at £5each plus postage.Ive had new covers made with exception of the chub book . I’m now giving up fishing and looking at some new hobby.Thank you Reelmaker.
You can't leave us hanging with a comment like that Reelmaker, please fill in some detail and at least tell us what your new pursuit might be.... unless it's golf because nobody would be interested :Chuckle:

I'm doing things in stages and, of late, I have given up catching fish.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

I think my new interest may never be the same as fishing,but now might be the right time to take a fresh look at fishing and consider how to improve my interest in small river fishing after this awful virus which has been got under control,I’ve been self isolating since March with my first trip out to get my haircut last Friday.I suppose I could say that depression is the issue and being isolated. I think I look at life now at 75yrs in a different way as to only 5rs ago when I retired .Thank you Reelmaker

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

You are 75 years young Reelmaker and I understand exactly how you feel it is hard coming to terms with and adapting to this situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel but come out into the light at your own pace. For goodness sake don't let your tackle go and do venture out to a quite spot just to be at one with nature and maybe flick a bait in. If I lived closer I would shadow you but maybe someone closer or a friend may be available. Whatever you decide you know you can always open up on here to many who listen and care. RBT done that straight away which was nice of him. Take care and hope to hear of positive things in your life...and do take up other interests as well.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Dont give up Terrence, leave the fishing gear to one side for now and try to do a bit of bird watching. Just an hour outside with nature all around you will help with the depression.

Good luck.
Wal.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I live in East Herts, ( Stanstead Abbotts) not too far from you, I will be happy to visit you, (socially distanced of course) to give you a gee up! I am also 75 but blessed (at present) with good health and a positive outlook on life in general. I have two lightweight fibre glass rods that you can choose from for free if it will help to get you back on track. Just PM me and we will do it! DO NOT GIVE UP FISHING! :Hat:
Last edited by Lea Dweller on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Terry your still a youngster, look ahead, I had to isolate for ten weeks but I just set my mind to it, exercising every day in the garden, then my doctor told me I could go fishing. Every day I visit the riverside and feel much better for it. Times were much harder during the war years but we got on with life, despite all the bombing and hardship, this time it has just been like a rest. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk. Regards Martin

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Thanks everybody for your kind words ,I will try to overcome the situation and get the interest back in the Autumn when the weather cools down.Thank you Terence.(Reelmaker).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”