E books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
StefanDuma
Grayling

Re: E books

Post by StefanDuma »

Aitch wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm The Jack Reacher books are a good study in planned ultra-violence... I've read a few and it always makes me laugh that Jack Reacher is portrayed as a 6'4" 250 lb Ex Army policeman and he's played in the movies by Tom Cruise... well known for being 5'4' and 9 stones wringing wet... :Hahaha:
I had the same problem but I did see both films and they were ok.

OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Post by OhMyGoodness »

The Open Library has many books and some can be downloaded for free as pdf/epub files which you can load into your kindle from a computer or if using a phone just opened with a pdf reader.
H.T.Sheringham's classic An Anglers Hours plus one or two others of his are there.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

I have written a conventional book that was published by a London company in 2000 and also self published abook using Amazon's app. The latter is a lot easier and I would think in most cases more financially rewarding. You can also have books printed by Amazon if the sales warrant it.

Regards ebooks to download; there are a few fishing books available to download free in various archive sites. At the moment I am reading Fishing in Eden by William Nelson who is mentioned by Arthur Ransome in Rod and Line. If you like trout fishing then I strongly recommend this book, it is delightful! There are some Zane Gray books available too. Again highly recommended.

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

I have written a 500 page textbook (sadly, not on fishing) that I published through Amazon. I uploaded to them a pdf of the book contents and a pdf of the cover, created using standard graphics, word-processing, and computer typesetting software. They then publish it from the pdf files in print, as an e-book, or in both forms, according to the authors' instructions. The royalties are higher for print copies!

G. B.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

That is surprising as the royalties for the book were around 7% of the rrp whereas the Amazon diy book was over three times that. It was selling steadily, but I got fed up with having to jump though all the hoops regards tax declarations so I pulled it.

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

I got a kindle, but didn't enjoy reading books etc, within 2 months I gave it away to a charity

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

They are a boon in some ways and to be honest they take a bit of getting used to... But one of the benefits for me, is reading at night... I don't need a light on to read it, as the Kindle pages can be set to a negative view with a black page and white lettering, so I don't keep the wife awake with a bedside light or a bright page... They also save trees from being pulped for paper, which has to be good for the environment... And... as has already been mentioned when luggage space is at a premium the kindle can be slipped into (an albeit large) pocket...

The Kindle App can be downloaded onto a tablet or phone to allow you to read your books pretty much anywhere...
Love mine

But nothing beats the fresh crisp feel of a new hardback
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Or a very old book - from the 1800s!

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”