Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Trilob
Chub

Re: Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Post by Trilob »

Im really behind on reading. But still cant wait to receive mine and smell the paper while flipping trough it before putting it in the cabinet for hopefully not that long :D

AquasilkPerfection
Minnow

Post by AquasilkPerfection »

Yet another excellent edition, well done to all at Fallon's - I also have been an avid reader from issue 1, the editorial is always a good insight to all things fishy and always a fine read that eases you into the ensuing pages of such fine contributors.
It takes a great deal of courage and conviction, not to mention the funding, to produce such a fine periodical in such times as ours.
Oh and by the way I for one was not in the least surprised to see the meagre contents of Mr Yates' tackle tin - a lesson for us all I think as we trudge, heavily laden towards our swim for the day!

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Once again a brilliant issue . Scott Winstanleys “ giving thanks” was spot on . My own father passed away in March and I found this particular feature very captivating. I’ve got more to get through and we finally see My Yates box of tricks( tackle bag) Does he really take no other gear ,,,split shot etc . I guess not ...his approach to such matters also remind me so much of Me dad .

Keep them coming and I like the poems too

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Sweet 16 - well done and hats off to the FA crew and its contributors :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:53 pm My Yates box of tricks( tackle bag) Does he really take no other gear
Only a couple of Ronnie rigs :whistle:

(joke regarding something Martin Bowler posted on social media)

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Thank you everyone. Really appreciated.

And Chris does carry shot - there are about 10 or 11 (of various sizes) rolling around the bottom of that tin!

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Thank you everyone. Really appreciated.

And Chris does carry shot - there are about 10 or 11 (of various sizes) rolling around the bottom of that tin!

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I try to get 2 copies each month . One from a local book shop and I’ve just re ordered 4 copies 15 but 16 hasn’t yet arrived . I read my copy from the bookshop .. can Either Kev or Tuesday ( nick ) help or do I just need that patience that crucial component of the tackle box which is the lightest of the light but needed for fishing ?

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Sorry for the dela Tench Dreamer - I can certainly try and help! I'll drop you a PM.

Kev

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

While we have your attention we would like to quiz you on features that you would like to see, locations, species, anglers, anything that has popped into your head and thought "that would be good to see."
We are off to meet a remarkable man in a few weeks time in Ireland who once again epitomises a simple approach to angling, it will be a film that I think will be quite special, but your feedback gents is very welcome for future features.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”