Bread fishing for roach

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Ally
Silver Bream

Re: Bread fishing for roach

Post by Ally »

Never had any problem with bread coming off but it does when you reel in! Cast out leave it alone and dont worry

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Ally wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:36 pm Never had any problem with bread coming off but it does when you reel in! Cast out leave it alone and dont worry
Me neither. I use fine wire hooks and hook the punch through the middle of the disc. Don't use too small a hook. I use Hovis soft white bread, reasonably fresh and that good to stay on.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you Vole - some great links and as you say, Keith’s is excellent.
Best for now
Tim
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

I often read the chap who wrote this book, blog. Interesting way to spend my lunch break. He only seems to fish the bread, (punch) and rarely uses another bait. Has some good bags of fish on it, both on stillwaters and rivers. Nice cheap way of fishing. I think confidence is the key, which I don't have in bread. Although I have caught fish on it, some of my best Chub on the Bristol Avon came to it, I don't feel like I can fish it that well. It is may intension to change that and I am going to only fish bread tomorrow on the Avon. Be that on the float or ledger, Pole or running line, conditions will dictate. Exe Angler.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”