A lost book

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: A lost book

Post by Mr B »

Thats it!
Thanks for that. I have lost a few of my old books along the why. (A bumpy road sometimes)
I will have to look out for it again. I had my old one for years along with a similar book of short stories by another author.
I will now look forward to fishing that stretch of the river as a non professional Thames fisherman and see if I have the fortune to do battle with a monster Barbel in the footsteps of Mr Webb.
Thanks for the feedback, how nice is that.
Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I read the story last night. It was a great achiement because he effectively used 4lb line and a roach rod, and it took him several hours to battle the biggun to the net just before it pulled the hook. Two thousand lob worms, though, is a lot of worms. Coincidentally, I have just this last hour passed the third meadow below The French Horn, in my boat. Whilst passing it was nice to think about Mr Webb on that September evening, struggling with a prime Thames barbel!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

What a rear privilege that was... That must have been lovley.
Next season for me...
Thank you and hats off to BB and Mr Webb...a charming story.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Well, I have just re read my post, so glad it’s still there.
Still haven’t got that big Thames Barbel!
Mr B

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Good luck this fall. Hope you get a good one :)

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Good luck for you quest. There's a spot just opposite the French Horn that's free fishing, and there's a car park there. The barbel there go big, very big.

Hemingway

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I have the book on the way! and definitely a trip there for that big un!
But mainly for the the romance of the story.
Tight lines a!
Mr B

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I noticed you replied last time Santiago!
Thank you... and a Hemingway aficionado like myself,
I have read most of his books now but it’s The Old Man And The Sea for me every time.
I have been a fan for years since 12.
Mr B

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Same here, I've read it many times.

Hemingway

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I had a tape of Charlton Heston reading the Old Man and the Sea. I wore it out. Highly recommended if you can find it :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”