Multifunctional tackle !

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Multifunctional tackle !

Post by AshbyCut »

For those who wondered, t'was I who was fortunate enough to be able to show his continued support for Mark in his provision of this wonderful forum, and am now the proud owner of the Kelly Kettle signed by our Honorary Member.

Needless to say I shan't be applying heat to it, in order to preserve the signature ... but ... never being one to have something merely sitting on a shelf ... and in an attempt to be 'practical' ... I have decided on what I believe to be an appropriate use for the treasure.

Forthwith ... it will be rechristened "The Traditional Fisherman's Claret/Merlot/Chateau Margaux Decanter," and all I need now is a GOOD bottle of said beverages to christen it !!!

OH ... and yes ... the first glass poured from it will be raised in honour to OMO for donating it, Mr. Yates for signing it, and Mark for creating this haven. :Hat:

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Multifunctional tackle !

Post by Tengisgol »

I like that idea Mal and well done for the purchase!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Claret form a tin? I can hear the gasps from across the channel Mal :Chuckle: Better to sit and gaze upon the kettle whilst sipping your vin rouge and reading a passage from The Secret Carp.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Without wishing to appear a wine snob Mal, what is the Kelly Kettle made out of? Wine is just fine served, stored and even aged in stainless steel but I know for a fact that it can react with alloys, damaging both wine and container. The most extreme example from history would be traditional pewter - drinking wine from that is a sure road to lead poisoning. Aluminium can also react with anything even mildly acidic and this has been linked to various diseases over the years.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Lovely idea Mal.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Duckett wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:10 pm Without wishing to appear a wine snob Mal, what is the Kelly Kettle made out of? Wine is just fine served, stored and even aged in stainless steel but I know for a fact that it can react with alloys, damaging both wine and container. The most extreme example from history would be traditional pewter - drinking wine from that is a sure road to lead poisoning. Aluminium can also react with anything even mildly acidic and this has been linked to various diseases over the years.

Phil
Believe me, Sir ... nothing will be in there long enough to react !!!!! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Duckett wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:10 pm Without wishing to appear a wine snob Mal, what is the Kelly Kettle made out of? Wine is just fine served, stored and even aged in stainless steel but I know for a fact that it can react with alloys, damaging both wine and container. The most extreme example from history would be traditional pewter - drinking wine from that is a sure road to lead poisoning. Aluminium can also react with anything even mildly acidic and this has been linked to various diseases over the years.

Phil
Don't worry. He is too old to die young. :Hahaha:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:48 pmDon't worry. He is too old to die young. :Hahaha:
Don't remind me !!! My little brother sent me a 'Whatsapp' earlier saying "Something should arrive Sunday morning." I sent one back saying "If it's a pack of Tena pads ... I may not speak to you again !!!" :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

But what if it is a Sealey Festival Avon and now that you have offended him, he might not send it?

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

AshbyCut wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Phil
Believe me, Sir ... nothing will be in there long enough to react !!!!! :Wink:
:Hahaha: :Hahaha:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”