Good quality wellies without breaking the bank

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: Good quality wellies without breaking the bank

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

My wife said she would buy me a pair of wellies for xmas. Because of my ankle problem I struggled to get stiff wellies on so I decided I would have Le Chameau as I had a pair years ago which were very good. However when I compared them to Aigle I thought the quality inferior so came home with Aigle Parcours neoprene lined wellies and they are absolutely fantastic. Like wearing slippers and lovely and warm. Yes they are expensive but if they last 10 years they are cheap as chips...£18 per annum. Perhaps the best investment you could make if you wear them a lot and I do like a decent pair of wellies!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Old Man River wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:21 pm About 12 years ago I was on holiday and realised I had left my wellies at home, Mole valley Farmers were just down the road, so I went inside and was looking at an amazing array of wellies, when a farmer who was buying some overtrousers saw me , and said if I was looking for Wellingtons then I should go for the Bekina Steplights, he had a pair that he used every day , they kept his feet warm in the worst weather, they were not too heavy , and they were the toughest wellies he had ever had .
I thought that I would not ever be wearing a pair of wellies every day, so as they were not going to break the bank I may as well try them. I did not need steel toecaps, but when I tried them on I could not believe they had them fitted as they were anything but heavy or uncomfortable .

It was the best money I have ever spent, I do a lot of beach fishing , crunching along the shingle, sand and mud a lot in the winter chasing cod ,on frozen sand , climbing cliffs , in the summer I wear them when out on the boats, and I wear them when coarse fishing in the rivers . They are the warmest and most comfortable boots I have worn, and that is including so called thermal boots.

https://www.moleonline.com/bekina-safety-wellington

I have every confidence in them and would recommend them as price for price they are worth five times what I paid for them, and far better than any others I have owned .

David
DAVID - The Bekina wellies you suggested and that I ordered from Fane Valley Stores arrived today and Im very happy with them :Hat:

Trevor

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Glad to hear it Trevor, as said I have every confidence in them 👍.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Back home I used to buy a pair of Dunlops each year after the beating season and wear them for fishing and shooting and then they would get wrecked once I started tramping through brambles and hawthorn on my friend's shoot. When I got out here I managed about six years from the last pair before they split. The replacements were Aigles from Decathalon, green ones, not the brown ones all the farmers wear round these parts. After two years of very light use the split, as did the patch I repaired them with. They cost around five or six times the price of my old Dunlops.

So, now I have bought a pair of mid-priced wellies from a DIY chain.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thinking about this thread I wore Chameau up until December, then for no particular reason caged to my Sealand bots since. I’d say that Sealand is a more substantial boot, with a thicker sole. Also, something I had not noticed before, each boot has a gusset at the back and this makes them easier to put on and take off than Chameau....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Gudgeon
Stickleback

Post by Gudgeon »

Bought a pair of Dunlop wellies for a tenner, 2 years on they are still going strong much to my surprise

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Aldi have their fishing clothing sale on at the mo... the Neoprene wellies are £25 a pair
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

10 months on from the last post on this thread but worthy of resurrection and updating with another suggestion.
I confess that having cold feet when fishing in winter can induce grumpiness and a general lowering of enjoyment of the day so warm feet are as essential as any other factor in a good day out for me.
My old wellies sprung a leak, which was patched, but have now gone in another area so the search for a new pair was on again. A chance trip to the local agricultural store last week had me overhearing a couple of old farmers lamenting the same issue of cold feet and one of the gents mentioned a company that I had never heard of even after hours of Google searching.
A few minutes checking out the company had me ordering a pair of these.
https://www.warmwellies.co.uk/products/ ... rm-wellies
Typically they arrived yesterday, the warmest day of the year so far at 11 degrees, but a walk to the water meadow with the dog and after standing in the stream for half an hour my feet were still toasty.
Very comfortable to wear and walk in as well so hopefully, with the addition of a pair of merino wool socks I should be sorted for the cold.
Very early days but so far very impressed.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

NorfolkTinca
Dace

Post by NorfolkTinca »

Aigle Parcours are a bit more than your budget, but I'm now on my second pair in around 15 years, and I wear them a lot. The French know a lot about making outdoor clothing.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

These do indeed look very much like my parcours/parcours iso boots

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”