Alloy bait tin

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Sneezewort
Bleak

Alloy bait tin

Post by Sneezewort »

Received this today...so clean I’m reluctant to fill it with gentles this weekend :Hahaha:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: Alloy bait tin

Post by Barbelseeker »

6d (old money) would have seen it filled with red's white's and disco's - nice item.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Sneezewort, Good choice , I have recently obtained two in the 6" size and found the tins to be very practicable for maggots. The smaller sizes seem to be a bit limited in capacity, but hayho my dad used nothing else for the bait in the 1950s! Opening the lid with out damage to self or tin try, an old pre decimalised penny, works a treat. :clap: Tony

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Barbelseeker wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:39 pm 6d (old money) would have seen it filled with red's white's and disco's - nice item.
You have me at a disadvantage sir.... Disco’s? :dance2:
First one I’ve come across in the flesh so to speak. It’s a nice addition with the efgeeco starting to get a bit soft on the lid closure. Only a matter of time before a disaster in the boot of the car :Chuckle:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:44 pm Hi Sneezewort, Good choice , I have recently obtained two in the 6" size and found the tins to be very practicable for maggots. The smaller sizes seem to be a bit limited in capacity, but hayho my dad used nothing else for the bait in the 1950s! Opening the lid with out damage to self or tin try, an old pre decimalised penny, works a treat. :clap: Tony
Oh Lovely!, this one is 6” too. First I’ve seen in the flesh. Just fortunate to spot it on (“that site”) :Chuckle:
I’ve got just the copper somewhere too :Thumb:
Earthing the current

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Bright pinks, reds, orange, yellow mixed in - always called disco's in local shops because of the bright colours.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

"disco" or multicoloured fluorescent maggots!

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Barbelseeker wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 pm Bright pinks, reds, orange, yellow mixed in - always called disco's in local shops because of the bright colours.

Aaaah! Got you :Hahaha:
Earthing the current

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Olly wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:50 pm "disco" or multicoloured fluorescent maggots!
Got you! Never heard them referred to as that... sheltered lad :Chuckle:
I remember a time as a youth when bronzes were the only thing you’d buy before they started to be a health risk 😯☠️
Now never stray far from red and white mixed 🤞🏻😂
Earthing the current

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Chrysoidine - I think it was!

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”