Alloy bait tin

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Alloy bait tin

Post by Coral Maestro »

I had one of those when I was a nipper. Great for cooking your bait in on a hot day!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Coral Maestro wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm I had one of those when I was a nipper. Great for cooking your bait in on a hot day!
:Hahaha: it would turn your maggots to casters pretty sharpish wouldn’t it!
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Very nice!.These usually come in three sizes.Measured across the top in inches.Some have a gauze covered air vent instead of holes in the top.Easy to clean with warm soapy water.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I got myself two today....
(I did post them on an old TFF post so I think the photo won’t be seen?)
Yes, I have been looking out for a couple for a while now... just brings back memories... my dad always used them.
Used to keep them covered under an old tea towel in the back of our Morris Traveler.
Great times.
Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Mr B wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:44 pm I got myself two today....
(I did post them on an old TFF post so I think the photo won’t be seen?)
Yes, I have been looking out for a couple for a while now... just brings back memories... my dad always used them.
Used to keep them covered under an old tea towel in the back of our Morris Traveler.
Great times.
Mr B
Excellent! They do look and feel the part :Thumb:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”