Bite alarm

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Bite alarm

Post by Harry H »

Anyone heard of these?
Is it complete? Looks quite early.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Bite alarm

Post by Pallenpool »

I have never heard of one - it looks more like a door bell/alarm set up what with the plug - it is a 2 pin connection too so could even be Edwardian - is the case Bakelite? - be interesting to see if anyone can shed some light on the matter.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Pallenpool wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm I have never heard of one - it looks more like a door bell/alarm set up what with the plug - it is a 2 pin connection too so could even be Edwardian - is the case Bakelite? - be interesting to see if anyone can shed some light on the matter.
It belongs to a mate, haven't seen it in the flesh so to speak. He's going through a load of his father's old fishing tackle and keeps sending pictures of intriguing items.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Harry H wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm
Pallenpool wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm I have never heard of one - it looks more like a door bell/alarm set up what with the plug - it is a 2 pin connection too so could even be Edwardian - is the case Bakelite? - be interesting to see if anyone can shed some light on the matter.
It belongs to a mate, haven't seen it in the flesh so to speak. He's going through a load of his father's old fishing tackle and keeps sending pictures of intriguing items.
It would be interesting to see the required power/battery pack that it plugged into. Look forward to any relevant updates you may be given.
It is intriguing to say the least.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Think I've solved it, Goltone look to have made bakelite electrical fittings so I would think it's homemade.
:tea:
Anthony Shepherdson

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I wonder if its a shop door alarm.

Wal.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 pm I wonder if its a shop door alarm.

Wal.
Good call Wal I can see that lever being flicked by an opening door. :Thumb:
Anthony Shepherdson

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Thanks Olly just been having a look at that :Thumb:
Looks like it may have been made by a company called Ward & Goldstone what ever it is.
Anthony Shepherdson

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

No probs. I just found something Bakelite of that era! Loads more bits on Google.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”