Best clip-ons...

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Phil Arnott
Crucian Carp

Re: Best clip-ons...

Post by Phil Arnott »

I used to use clip-ons and then developed cataracts so after the op. I got my long distance vision back and now just need non-prescription sunglasses.

I mainly require polarised glasses for fish spotting so much prefer yellow lenses which give the brightest image but are for some reason are difficult to find. Incidentally yellow polarised glasses are excellent in low light and for driving. If you've not tried them then test them on a dull day.

Anyone else like yellow?

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Deaf Cat wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:28 pm Good to see the TFF product testers going that extra mile!
It's a tough job but someone's got to do it.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Phil Arnott wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:51 pm I used to use clip-ons and then developed cataracts so after the op. I got my long distance vision back and now just need non-prescription sunglasses.

I mainly require polarised glasses for fish spotting so much prefer yellow lenses which give the brightest image but are for some reason are difficult to find. Incidentally yellow polarised glasses are excellent in low light and for driving. If you've not tried them then test them on a dull day.

Anyone else like yellow?
These come in a yellow option but i prefer the traditional 'Wayfarer' look. I like polarisation glasses not so much for spotting but because glare reduction greatly reduces eye strain during a long session. UV filtering is important too as it's always there even on a cloudy day.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Phil Arnott wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:51 pm I used to use clip-ons and then developed cataracts so after the op. I got my long distance vision back and now just need non-prescription sunglasses.

Anyone else like yellow?
There's these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cressi-Premium ... 026&sr=8-7
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Phil Arnott
Crucian Carp

Post by Phil Arnott »

There are some versions about but have you noticed that many cheaper polarising glasses don't seem to work as in the past in that when two lenses are placed at 90 deg they don't cut out nearly all the light as they should. They seem to only partly work.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”