Floats with "CROWN" logo.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Olly
Wild Carp

Floats with "CROWN" logo.

Post by Olly »

Whilst sorting out my floats today I found some old ones that I have used in the past for perch fishing. Either with a worm or small livebait - minnow or bleak. A smaller version of a pike sliding live/dead bait float.

I cannot remember the maker but there is a "crown" shown on the floats. They have a hole through the middle and are called "chubber".
They take from 2 swan to 6 swan. I found the logo on a waggler on that website - but frustratingly - no name! Anyone know who the maker is please?

Hopefully, if unable to find any, I can get a few made.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Floats with "CROWN" logo.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I seem to remember the crown on brown painted floats from the 90s and the name ultra keeps coming into my head. Ultra ducker, ultra missile etc
The only other crown symbol I can remember was George Wilkins and sons but they were rod makers.

Wal.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes, I've a couple of brown Ultra floats with a gold crown containing the name in minute letters. Wal.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Thank you very much Gentlemen! :Hat: Well now I know - but will I remember!

I had to resort to my aerial photo map magnifier to see that!!! :surrender: The name as said is in the base of the crown - letter of 0.1 of a mm?

Strange as many Ultra float that I have, have exactly that "ULTRA" on them with no crown. Possibly later versions?

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”