Luggage

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Luggage

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

So what do you guys have??

I've been looking into some form of vintage luggage, perhaps a wicker creel, maybe a. old Hardy bag, although they fetch serious money. Also a nice old style rod bag/quiver type contraption.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

St.John
Tench

Re: Luggage

Post by St.John »

My usual day luggage is an old rod bag with net, sticks, rods and brolly in, my creel with tackle and some bait in and a howies bag with tea kit, bits and bobs, book, mat, water and food in (for both me and the fish!). although the howies bag isn't old, it fits in rather well, as well as being very well made. And works well as a pillow.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Ive just looked.I found three Efgeeco canvas rod holdals.Two are the usual rigid ones with pockets.The other has a main compartment for a rods or a brolly.Rods and banksticks fit in section on the outside.Its like an early quiver.Its only rigid if there is something in it and will roll up lenghthwise.

There are two wicker baskets and two creels.One has leather fittings.I also have an early canvas Efgeeco seat box.It has a large pocket on each side of the main compartment.There are three vintage tackle bags of various sizes.

The efgeeco seat box and the"quiver"holdall or just a tackle bag and rod for short trips are what ive been using most this summer.

There are also two cotton umbrellas that i use more for shade than showers.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

What a find, sounds like you have a wonderful collection of original kit there Champ!!! :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I have an old 60's Efgeeco canvas rod holdall which I don’t use much because I always set my rod and reel up at the car (the line is thread at my chosen swim). A small wicker basket about 18" x 12", an old wooden cigar box for my hooks and shot etc and a small round leather float tube for my floats. That’s it, if ever anyone was to see me walking around a pool or river all you would see is me carrying a rod, landing net with a wicker basket thrown over my shoulder (small carp mat rolled up and tied to the wicker basket). I like to travel light where ever I am fishing.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

My day river stalking kit comprises of my Wilson waistcaot and a WWII gas mask case!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Even lighter Tony. :thumb: I too wear my Wilson waste coat now and again but only when the weather is really good. The Lada with the boat on the roof rack is now left at home. :wink:
Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Mark wrote:Even lighter Tony. :thumb: I too wear my Wilson waste coat now and again but only when the weather is really good. The Lada with the boat on the roof rack is now left at home. :wink:
I'm intrigued to know what kind of waste you keep in your "waste coat" Mark? :wink:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Snape wrote:
Mark wrote:Even lighter Tony. :thumb: I too wear my Wilson waste coat now and again but only when the weather is really good. The Lada with the boat on the roof rack is now left at home. :wink:
I'm intrigued to know what kind of waste you keep in your "waste coat" Mark? :wink:
Trust you to spot my spelling mistake Snape, I put it down to a school boy error. :hide:
Mark (Administrator)

Dave

Post by Dave »

I have an Efgeeco Pakaseat (think that's the correct spelling) which is a nice bit of kit. Basically it's a small chair that doubles up as a tackle bag as well. I don't think it's the original version...mine is a circa early 80's model and was quite popular with carp anglers of that period I think. It's an aluminium frame with a plastic type bag but I love it and was a great purchase from Flea Bay a few years ago for a tenner!

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”