Luggage

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Luggage

Post by Loop Erimder »

What a beautiful bit of kit
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Proper tackle box, that. :D
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Cows don't live long enough nowadays to produce leather like this.
How patient are you? There's a water buffalo in West Essex that might require a retirement home...
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Davyr wrote:That's interesting - that LOOKS like a Pakaseat, but, whether it's a trick of the light or not, the "upholstery" doesn't seem to be made of the usual dark green plastic stuff.

In fact, it looks more like some sort of canvas - an impression bolstered by the err, "stain" that's visible on the seat!

Did Efgeeco ever make a Pakaseat from canvas?
I have Just looking been through this thread and noticed the Packaseat and the question were they made of canvas?. Firstly I never realised they were so collectable and from the depths of an old shed I have just fished one out. It appears to be sound but dirty etc so am giving it a clean and an airing. I can say that mine is made of green canvas not plastic coated.

Delaminated
Bleak

Post by Delaminated »

Hi ,
Pakaseats come in canvas or a green synthetic material, I have one of each.
I am currently restoring one of the green versions, these are more common
than the canvas models, all versions are becoming scarce.

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

I have an old Brady creel, Brady bag and a Brady rod holdall, which is similar to a large gun slip, made in the same canvas with leather edging. All purchased from Ebay when not too many people were watching as I got the 3 lot individual lots for reasonable money. I think Brady made Hardy's stuff? I also have an canvas, possibly Efgeeco rod holdall, purchased from TFF. I have inserted 110mm waste pipe inside to protect my rods rather than the internal stick. I also have a wicker seat from a canoe, although I haven't actually fished with it yet as it weighs a ton!
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”