Bill Allen's Easy Fishing

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Bill Allen's Easy Fishing

Post by Mark »

I have been subscribed to Bill Allen's 'Easy Fishing' YouTube videos for a couple of years now and sadly this one will be his last. The first 30 seconds really got to me, I imagined myself having to say these words and what it would be like, it really shook me. It was lovely to see him to spending his last fishing trip with his son and him catching his last fish. God bless Bill.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Bill Allen's Easy Fishing

Post by Tengisgol »

Yes, I watched that this week as well Mark and it was the first time I’d seen his videos. He was so brave and, like you, I found it very poignant and shook me to the core.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Knowing how painful and debilitating pancreatic cancer is, he must have made an enormous effort to get to the river one more time. I salute his bravery and understand the drive. And now I seem to have something in my eyes.

On a positive note, at least he knew it was his last trip and could embrace it as such.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I've been watching Bills channel for a few years now. Discussed stuff with him too. His use of short Pole got me into it and its stayed . Enabled me to kinda fish old style London Roach pole style with a 5 M £ 20 take apart pole on the Lea and on a couple of ponds . His films were really genuine and he loved all fishing and as much as you can you were there with him.

It was all about making it easy and therefore enjoyable he wanted us all to enjoy his love of fishing . I shall miss his videos.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Very difficult watching. A very brave and courageous man. God bless him ....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Yes, i have enjoyed his recent videos, and that one pulled at my heart strings, but he was still smilling doing what he loves :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Films”