Terry Thomas - not the absolute shower

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Sneezewort
Bleak

Terry Thomas - not the absolute shower

Post by Sneezewort »

Not so much a film as a Saturday morning programme (I think) from the 70’s . Terry Thomas, Angling Today? I think it was ATV who aired it?
I have never come across it on any archive platform, yet there is plenty written on his involvement with Milward “versa” rod design elsewhere, (which I didn’t know)

He always seemed to have a cigar on the go and wearing tweeds or is that just me wistfully imagining that?

Another absolute pleasure was Derek Law’s “ a fishermans diary” or was it “a fisherman’s year”? -albeit focused over the 4 seasons, initially spring trout and grayling on the fly on the Yorkshire rivers, he did also fish for pike on a lake, and perch I think on Masham tarn, usually with a bit of floppy cane and a pin.
The narration with his Yorkshire accent was gentle and sublime - almost as soothing as the great Jack Hargreaves was to my younger ears.

Happy days :Happy:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Mark99
Perch

Re: Terry Thomas - not the absolute shower

Post by Mark99 »

I recall his hoiuse up for sale a few years back. Had a 3 acre lake.

Midlands TV.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-t ... ut-fishing

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Mark99 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 am I recall his hoiuse up for sale a few years back. Had a 3 acre lake.

Midlands TV.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-t ... ut-fishing
Oh that would have been nice eh!
Of course Midland TV.... and thanks for that link! :Thumb:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

I think (TT house) was near Wolverhampton.

Return to “Fishing Films”