Fishing Youtube videos

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
DaceAce
Eel

Re: Fishing Youtube videos

Post by DaceAce »

Mark99 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:05 am Turks Pond.

Clues are - Dammed a chalk stream.
In Wessex (in a sparsely populated area)
Strip Farmed Field adjacent.

Not easy!
Using Geomaps, my own old O/S maps and lists of ancient monuments I have probably found the pond but no-one will confirm it. Whether it still has fish (cormorants/otters), is used for duck shooting, is a carp syndicate is anyone's guess, hence I will find my own equivalent somewhere more local and known to me.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

DaceAce wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:39 am
Mark99 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:05 am Turks Pond.

Clues are - Dammed a chalk stream.
In Wessex (in a sparsely populated area)
Strip Farmed Field adjacent.

Not easy!
Using Geomaps, my own old O/S maps and lists of ancient monuments I have probably found the pond but no-one will confirm it. Whether it still has fish (cormorants/otters), is used for duck shooting, is a carp syndicate is anyone's guess, hence I will find my own equivalent somewhere more local and known to me.
sounds like a plan, a good one

There is another video of JH fishing on Kent marshes in iced over conditions. Once again simple float fishing. Its why i like his fishing films . Simple but enjoyable angling

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Pallenpool wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:30 am
Sneezewort wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 am If it’s nostalgia you’re after, then I’ve just set aside the second ( or is it third?) layer of breakfast milk tray and gorged instead on the wonderful 1982 Granada series depicting Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line
15 short vignettes around 10-15 mins each.

If nothing else the cello and piano soundtrack will have you drift off in front of the fire

Grainy old productions and dubious fish welfare at times but so evocative and always has me dig out the book again :read:
Well done on posting these David - I had forgotten all about the series - very enjoyable - I trust all the chocolates are now finished?

Just about sir, just about :eyebrow: Glad the series resonated with you too.
:Hat:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

Mr bowler has just put part 1 of his film seeking shadows on YouTube for all to enjoy in these difficult times, good on him! Part 2 next week

https://youtu.be/RD5-RoDz-u8

Regards,

Dipper :Hat:
”If you don’t come home either wet or injured, you’re not trying hard enough...”

Return to “Fishing Films”