Fishing Youtube videos

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
DaceAce
Eel

Re: Fishing Youtube videos

Post by DaceAce »

Part 2 of Quest for a big Stour roach. I got out for a short 90-minute session on Boxing Day, set up one camera, and here's the edited result:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

DaceAce wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:13 pm Part 2 of Quest for a big Stour roach. I got out for a short 90-minute session on Boxing Day, set up one camera, and here's the edited result:
Great video Mark. Just love watching these and learning.
Many thanks.

I have also sent a PM to you. Enjoy the rest of your Xmas under the circumstances.

Tony :Hat:

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

If it’s nostalgia you’re after, then I’ve just set aside the second ( or is it third?) layer of breakfast milk tray and gorged instead on the wonderful 1982 Granada series depicting Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line
15 short vignettes around 10-15 mins each.

If nothing else the cello and piano soundtrack will have you drift off in front of the fire

Grainy old productions and dubious fish welfare at times but so evocative and always has me dig out the book again :read:

g][/img]ImageImage

For pudding try Toms River ( Tom Williams River keeper on the River Avon )

:Hat:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

DaceAce wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 am I'm continuing to learn about making videos.

Back in about 1985 Jack Hargreaves took Dave Swallow up to the upper Stour and Dave fished for roach and chub to make an episode of 'Old Country'. I returned to the same stretch last week and we filmed what happening, albeit in different conditions.

I’m really enjoying your films. This one 35 years later from Old Country The original was superb and I really enjoyed that one where Dave Swallow used a Short ( maybe 5 ) Pole roving around .. Did he fish like that a lot or was it a one off?. It led me to experimenting with 5 m pole ..good fun .. can’t manage a nothing longer .. Classic London Roach Pole I’d say

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 pm
DaceAce wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 am I'm continuing to learn about making videos.

Back in about 1985 Jack Hargreaves took Dave Swallow up to the upper Stour and Dave fished for roach and chub to make an episode of 'Old Country'. I returned to the same stretch last week and we filmed what happening, albeit in different conditions.

I’m really enjoying your films. This one 35 years later from Old Country The original was superb and I really enjoyed that one where Dave Swallow used a Short ( maybe 5 ) Pole roving around .. Did he fish like that a lot or was it a one off?. It led me to experimenting with 5 m pole ..good fun .. can’t manage a nothing longer .. Classic London Roach Pole I’d say
Dave was a versatile angler who I knew from 76 onwards and he was in our winter league team circa 84/85. He wasn't averse to fishing as he thought fit rather than following convention but was a reliable team angler, and he often used a pole. 1985 marked the end of the good big roach fishing on the upper Stour as two pollutions that year did a lot of damage and whilst there was something of a comeback it has never been as good since with cormorants doing much damage. Plenty of small roach on some stretches but a pounder is to be celebrated.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Thanks DaceAce. I’ve heard a lot about Dave on here . All good. I also really liked your other film you did too retracing the steps at Fiddleford Mill. When the Old country film resurfaced on YT I was so pleased . I saw it in 1983 aged 16 , and it’s funny how we remember things but my Dad at the time referenced Jacks Camo coat in a positive , you’ve got to move with the times ..

Maybe you could find The Turks Pond because that was a classic

BTW passing on your knowledge on Roach is very good of you. It’s there forever now . Thanks TD

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Unless someone can tell me where Turk's Pond (by PM) is I'm a bit stuck though I have some possibilities. What I intend to do is find somewhere equally unfished and secret come summer and see what happens.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:13 pm Unless someone can tell me where Turk's Pond (by PM) is I'm a bit stuck though I have some possibilities. What I intend to do is find somewhere equally unfished and secret come summer and see what happens.
That would be great. Jack used a modern rod ? and even more modern reel but fished ever so Traditional, I really enjoyed that film

Thanks

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

Turks Pond.

Clues are - Dammed a chalk stream.
In Wessex (in a sparsley populated area)
Strip Farmed Field adjacent.

Not easy!

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Sneezewort wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 am If it’s nostalgia you’re after, then I’ve just set aside the second ( or is it third?) layer of breakfast milk tray and gorged instead on the wonderful 1982 Granada series depicting Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line
15 short vignettes around 10-15 mins each.

If nothing else the cello and piano soundtrack will have you drift off in front of the fire

Grainy old productions and dubious fish welfare at times but so evocative and always has me dig out the book again :read:
Well done on posting these David - I had forgotten all about the series - very enjoyable - I trust all the chocolates are now finished?

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Fishing Films”