Mr Green's Rod

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Mr Green's Rod

Post by Duckett »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:17 pm Very nice, does Chris Yates ever do anything not quite up to scratch?

Thanks
BB
In his own words on that lovely film, he's not a Bream angler! Cheeky, I know, but I can't tell you how good it felt to hear that form an angler for whom I have the greatest respect when one of my few strengths has always been catching Bream! I'm also a dab hand at washing landing nets! :Chuckle:
Last edited by Duckett on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Loved the video. Knew the location instantly.I to fished there at the same time during my school holidays at approx the same year that Mr Yates speaks of. Good to know that there are still eels present for that was all my sister, Dad and I caught late in the 1950s. I inherited his rod and reel and this video has prompted me to do as Mr Yates did and revisit, abet next summer for The Waller Haven is a very exposed place!

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Just spent a wonderful time watching Mr Yates... he has inspired me, on Monday I shall be packing the rods and reels, and heading for a river complete with my trusty battered ,but reliable Kelly kettle for a day in the fresh air , hoping for a Barbel, but maybe with luck I may even catch a Chub.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

The Retro Angler
Minnow

Post by The Retro Angler »

I always enjoy watching this video, it just takes you fishing. Especially when I’m stuck inside working and want to go fishing!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I was only watching this last night, lovely film.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Thanks that was a great little video with lovely account of the “ girl by the bridge “ .

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

lovely film and superb venue

Return to “Fishing Films”