A Passion for Angling DVD set

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Davyr

Re: A Passion for Angling DVD set

Post by Davyr »

I assumed it was because "Kevin" always used to be thought of as a bit of a "male model's" name. :D

Bob Murphy

Post by Bob Murphy »

I can't believe the mentality of some folk.A copy of Passion for Angling sold on eBay yesterday for £56-55 +£2.50 P&P.Description was a rare copy of this which he had bought from Hugh Miles.If you go to Hugh's website you can get one for £34-50 including P&P :Chuckle:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Bob Murphy wrote:I can't believe the mentality of some folk.A copy of Passion for Angling sold on eBay yesterday for £56-55 +£2.50 P&P.Description was a rare copy of this which he had bought from Hugh Miles.If you go to Hugh's website you can get one for £34-50 including P&P :Chuckle:
It's bizzarre Bob!! :Confused:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Mark wrote:Does anyone know why Chris Yates called the scarecrow 'Kevin' in the Redmire Legends of APFA.
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Perhaps it reminded him of Mr Clifford??
No, not Kevin Clifford, but another Kevin. So I've been led to believe anyway.

(Incidentally, check out an earlier 'Kevin episode' in Four Seasons p133-134, Johnson's Lake, Kent. - It's quite amusing).
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

GregF wrote:
Mark wrote:Does anyone know why Chris Yates called the scarecrow 'Kevin' in the Redmire Legends of APFA.

(Incidentally, check out an earlier 'Kevin episode' in Four Seasons p133-134, Johnson's Lake, Kent. - It's quite amusing).
Just read the two pages Greg. :Chuckle:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Mark wrote:
GregF wrote:

Just read the two pages Greg. :Chuckle:
It's great isn't it Mark. A very vivid image. Doesn't seem like this Kevin fellow was exactly his favourite person does it? I'm sure he had good reasons for feeling that way about him though.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Mark_N
Bleak

Post by Mark_N »

Apologies if this has been spotted already, but I was watching Passion For angling today with my Son and I think I spotted a continuity error.

In the childhood dreams there is a shot of Bob James rod set up along with buzzers etc (about 06:02) His rods on the rests are set up left handed (i.e. handles on the right) When one of the alarms goes off the middle rod is picked up by Bob, who then in the next frame winds it in right handed (i.e. handle on the left) and loses the fish. I wasn't looking for it, I just noticed the reels and thought Bob must be left handed, but then in the next frame it was clear he wasn't

I've looked at this a few times and I'm sure that this is the case.

Has any one else spotted this?
There are 2 types of people in this world.... those that "get" fishing .... and those that don't

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

A very nice passage/blog just gone up on Hugh Miles' web page on PFA, well worth a visit.

http://hughmiles9.blogspot.co.uk
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Mark_N wrote:Apologies if this has been spotted already, but I was watching Passion For angling today with my Son and I think I spotted a continuity error.

In the childhood dreams there is a shot of Bob James rod set up along with buzzers etc (about 06:02) His rods on the rests are set up left handed (i.e. handles on the right) When one of the alarms goes off the middle rod is picked up by Bob, who then in the next frame winds it in right handed (i.e. handle on the left) and loses the fish. I wasn't looking for it, I just noticed the reels and thought Bob must be left handed, but then in the next frame it was clear he wasn't

I've looked at this a few times and I'm sure that this is the case.

Has any one else spotted this?
How long was the whole thing filmed over - was it three years or something?

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Filming started in 1989 and took just over 4 years.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Films”