Rod and Line, by Arthur Ransome , with Michael Horden

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Rod and Line, by Arthur Ransome , with Michael Horden

Post by Catfish.017 »

Catfish.017 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:52 am
Tench Dreamer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 pm I've been watching these again recently. Also that I opened the this thread 9 years ago! I think this TV series is amongst the best ever. I note that on the thread my original question as to the ID of the carp rod was never answered. I'm guessing maybe Chapman 500 ? Any answers?

Michael Horden was such a great actor and a passionate angler ...Does anyone on here know anything more about his angling life. I wonder id all the Tweeds etc where the real deal or just to dramatize the Rod and Line theme ?

Either way can anyone here throw any light on either question.

Oh and where did those 9 years go?
I also queried the identity of the rod a couple of years ago, again with no answers. At the time I thought it may have been a Craftversa? I don't think it's a 500 as the ferrule appears to be central in the length of the blank. I will look at the episode on UTube later to see if there are any more clues.
I've watched the episode again and there are one or two brief glimpses of the rod above the handle showing definitely a logo which could possibly be the Milwards one?

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

LadaMark wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm Here ids the reverse side that states 'The Milbro Made in England'. This reel is set for a left handed person as my father was left handed. I intend to clean and service it at some point and set it for right hand use. The ratchet switch is stuck in the off position at the moment. No idea of the age but it was the reel I remember him using for float fishing when I was a child.

I noticed that he is sometimes winding with different hands? With fly reel, and big centre pin.
The green hollow glass rod that he is is trotting with... Milbro?
Great selection of tackle and a nice fly box and cork scissors holder!
Lovely.
Mr B
Nice rod though..
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

LadaMark wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm Here ids the reverse side that states 'The Milbro Made in England'. This reel is set for a left handed person as my father was left handed. I intend to clean and service it at some point and set it for right hand use. The ratchet switch is stuck in the off position at the moment. No idea of the age but it was the reel I remember him using for float fishing when I was a child.

I noticed that he is sometimes winding with different hands? With fly reel, and big centre pin.
The green hollow glass rod that he is is trotting with... Milbro?
Great selection of tackle and a nice fly box and cork scissors holder!
Lovely.
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Fishing Films”