One to restore

The Nottingham Reels forum.
Tony1964

One to restore

Post by Tony1964 »

Not worth anything but I just love wood and brass reels. I bought this one on fleabay for £5 and I am going to restore it, hopefully, to it's former glory.
centrepin1.JPG
centrepin2.JPG
centrepin3.JPG
It took me ages to get the line off the reel. It had about 60 yards of mono and about another 50 yards plus of some kind of old braid which I assume had been used as a backing.

I will post photos of the finished reel once restored!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snape
Bailiff

Re: One to restore

Post by Snape »

I'll be interested in the result Tony as I have a similar one which I haven't got around to restoring.
I may be looking for some tips on how to restore this sort of reel if that's all right. :hat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Happy to help if I can Snape!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I have got a similar reel that could also do with restoring, it's stamped S. Allcock & Co Ltd on the brass back plate.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Post by KenSowerbutts »

I have 3 wood and brass reels ,1 is a 3.5" strap back another is a 3" star back the other is a 2.5" strap back all in the process of being restored also waiting for another 3" starback to arrive ,get great pleasure out of stripping them down and hopefully a new lease of life .will keep informed of my progress if thats ok .
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Estaban

Post by Estaban »

KenSowerbutts wrote:I have 3 wood and brass reels ,1 is a 3.5" strap back another is a 3" star back the other is a 2.5" strap back all in the process of being restored also waiting for another 3" starback to arrive ,get great pleasure out of stripping them down and hopefully a new lease of life .will keep informed of my progress if thats ok .
Please do.

Return to “Nottingham Reels”