London Buses!

An area to discuss your cane fishing poles.
Coral Maestro
Chub

London Buses!

Post by Coral Maestro »

Soon after receiving a Pezon et Michel pole for my birthday another identical one turned up on the 'bay in France. It was at a price I couldn't refuse but needs some work:

Section 3 is short so i'll have to source a suitable piece of cane to replace it. Most interestingly, the tip section is partially made of fibreglass. My other P et M pole has 2 tip sections, one entirely of whole cane, the other split cane spliced into whole cane. Otherwise the 2 poles are identical including the whipping colour and style.
Soon after buying the second pole I saw a third Pezon et Michel pole online which seemed to be an older model. Unfortunately, it went for a price that was a bit too rich for me.
All of these poles have the same handle configuration so I guess this was the preferred style in France. It makes them look incomplete and not the most comfortable poles to fish with.
I'd never seen a Pezon et Michel pole before this little flurry over a period of about a month. Talk about London buses!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Cane Fishing Poles”