Pezon et Michel cane pole

An area to discuss your cane fishing poles.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Pezon et Michel cane pole

Post by Coral Maestro »

This pole was recently purchased from a seller in France. I was not aware that Pezon et Michel made poles but it seems to be nicely made and is quite useable. It's 18 1/2ft long with 5 sections and includes a spare tip. One tip is split cane, the other is whole cane. Both tip sections come furnished with a loop of braided material to which the end rig is tied. The split cane tip section has a brass male ferrule whereas the whole cane section has bare cane to insert into the female ferrule. The female ferrules have a short brass reinforcing sleeve rather than the more usual full ferrule which is an effective way of reducing the overall weight of the pole. The butt section has a cork bung in the end brass sleeve.
Has anyone come across other poles by P et M? Would this have been originally painted black or was that carried out to hide a multitude of evils?!!
The butt section seems to have been finished in a "piecemeal" fashion. I suspect it would have looked different when the pole was first made. Maybe it had a cork covered handle extension that fitted into the end where the cork plug now resides. This would make it much more comfortable to fish with.
The pole has been recently restored (probably by the seller) and is ready to fish. I have an appointment with some poisson chat which need removing from a local pond!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: Pezon et Michel cane pole

Post by Barbelseeker »

Now that is nice - Can I have 1st option if you want to sell it.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Can't help with any history. But that looks like an interesting and excellent purchase. That is a nice looking pole. I will watch this post with intrigue.

:Hat:

Delaminated
Bleak

Post by Delaminated »

Nice looking pole with two tops in super condition.I notice that the lower ferrules of the pole sections are unlined, unlike the majority of the London poles.

Regards Tom

Return to “Cane Fishing Poles”