Fallon's Angler Podcasts.

Listen to recordings of all things angling.
Skeff
Crucian Carp

Fallon's Angler Podcasts.

Post by Skeff »

A soundscape from Ashmead, recorded during the course of a single day... Part 1 is restful and reflective; Part 2 is full of drama.

https://fallonsangler.net/podcast-rambl ... am-part-1/

Recording this is the most fun I've had on the bank in years. Just concentrating on the sounds around you gives an entirely new perspective.

The other podcasts from Garret's team are really good!

GregF
Crucian Carp

Re: Fallon's Angler Podcasts.

Post by GregF »

Listened to part 1 this afternoon. Very good indeed. I closed my eyes and was there! I think you did the right thing not working to a script, it was just right - natural and spontaneous. Your Iphone did an amazing job of recording the birdsong. Couldn’t find part 2 though?

Just listened to Part 1 of Kev’s ‘lake at the end of the lane’. That was lovely too. Its been so long since I’ve been out on the banks and these recordings have re-ignited my enthusiasm.

:Hat:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Glad you enjoyed it Greg. I really enjoyed recording the piece; just concentrating on the sounds around you makes you perceive the world in an entirely new light.

Part 2 is still in the editing suite... It needed a lot more tidying up because it involves a battle with a big fish and my attention to sound quality slipped!

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Sounds great! I will look forward to it.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Wonderful evocative stuff, Skeff. Well done.
Looking forward to part 2. :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Enjoyed that very much Skeff I felt like I was walking the pool once again with you.
Looking forward to the next installment :Hat: :cheers:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Bobthefloat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 pm Enjoyed that very much Skeff I felt like I was walking the pool once again with you.
Looking forward to the next installment :Hat: :cheers:
Thanks Bob! Part 2 is now available.... https://fallonsangler.net/ashmead-mark- ... moonscale/

:Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Number two was absolutely brilliant Skeff you made it all sound so easy and managed to do what most of us couldn't do in 4 trips! ( apart from Bob Brooke's!)
And by the end I was laughing out loud!
Well done and thanks that's made my evening :cheers: :fishing1:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Bobthefloat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:01 pm Number two was absolutely brilliant Skeff you made it all sound so easy and managed to do what most of us couldn't do in 4 trips! ( apart from Bob Brooke's!)
........and of course Jon Berry who also caught Moonscale. However you never saw that one as you got hopelessly lost. :Chuckle:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Bob Brookes wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 pm
Bobthefloat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:01 pm Number two was absolutely brilliant Skeff you made it all sound so easy and managed to do what most of us couldn't do in 4 trips! ( apart from Bob Brooke's!)
........and of course Jon Berry who also caught Moonscale. However you never saw that one as you got hopelessly lost. :Chuckle:
How on earth could I forget Jon's fish :doh:
:laugh1: I was running around like a headless chicken trying to find everyone!
Mind you the champagne breakfast went down a treat

Return to “Pod Casts and Radio Recordings Etc”