The Twynham (part 2)

The Grice and Young Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

The Twynham (part 2)

Post by Duckett »

Early in 2019 I picked up a Twynham Centrepin which required a bit of research as it didn’t actually say Grice & Young on it! Details here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=29454&hilit=Twynham

A while ago I picked up a second, slightly different one, but it’s taken me a while to get round to cleaning it up and loading it with line. A question here about an Avon Royal Supreme served to remind me that I hadn’t posted about it.

The internal workings are identical to the first one but there are several minor differences on the outside:

1) The central boss actually has “Grice & Young Ltd Christchurch Eng” on it this time.
2) This one is painted in Hamerite, like later G & Y ‘pins, but in dark grey. Almost all of the paint is present.
3) The pin isn’t held in place by a round topped screw of brass coloured metal but appears to be screwed or even riveted in place - impossible to be certain because of the paint.

It has a bit of a wobble but runs just fine and I’ll be using her for still water margin work anyway.

ImageImageImageImage
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: The Twynham (part 2)

Post by Nobby »

That is a rare one....sort of fully caged like a Rapidex but with a lever check.

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”