The Grice and Young Reels forum.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Arbours for Grice and Young Reels

Post by Pallenpool »

Barbelseeker wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:21 amnoted
Is that an OK for a couple BS?

Peter
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Ok for 10 if you want them - yes 2.

Lucky Strike
Perch

Post by Lucky Strike »

Hi

I’ve posted before but just to confirm, I’d like both a wide and narrow speedia arbour if poss.

Many thanks

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Following Barbelseeker''s instructions to the letter I've fitted my prototype G&Y arbour to an early Avon Royal Supreme - a silver 3 screw centre boss - it's gone on very well :Thumb: With a couple of minutes of sanding on a piece of fine paper taped down on to a flat surface, I'd reduced the lip from 14.9mm to the required 14.07mm for an excellent and firm fit. I also removed the ever so slight bumps at the joins to make it as round as possible. Once fitted there is a very slight amount of movement, perhaps 1 to 2mm, when pressing the arbour firmly inwards towards the spindle centre. I doubt that this will affect the reel in use but it might indicate that the diameter of the arbour is slightly oversized for this particular reel? One thing to be careful of is the tabs at the joints as they could be easily damaged - I'm not sure if these are actually necessary BS? The line arbour knot will hold the 2 pieces together and if the sanding is carried out correctly there is a friction fit that also holds everything in place - just a thought. Overall I'm delighted with this upgrade and will give this prototype a very healthy 9/10. I look forward to using it for carp in the margins without any of the 'flats' in the line as previously encountered :Sun:
Many thanks for kindly sending this to me FOC and kind regards to you and your printer :Hat:
Alistair

ItchenRoach
Gudgeon

Post by ItchenRoach »

i would like one of your arbours for a wide drum speedia if there are any left.ps how would you prefer payment

Gsmn1
Gudgeon

Post by Gsmn1 »

Good morning. Following on from my series of PMs with Peter (Barbelseeker), may i put myself forward for one speedia narrow drum arbour kit in black (if one has the choice). All tips and tutorials on sanding, fitting anD latching gratefully received! Thanks all

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”