Another None Aerial KK variation.

The Kenny Kendall Reels forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Another None Aerial KK variation.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

These two centrepins are my favourite KK reels and are wonderful Carp or Barbel reels.

4.1/2" Dia x 15/16" between plates. Very close tolerances and lots of hand cut parts so more function over beauty on the inside but absolutely wonderful to use. This was my favourite night fishing carp reel for many years.

The reel with the lineguard had the check lever and cam missing when I bought it. Just for speed and simplicity I used bits from a Youngs reels and made the lineguard. I do intend to make and fit copies of the original parts one of these days. Mind you I have been saying this since I bought it over 30 years ago from its original owner along with a Speedia, which I still use too.

I did sell another one of these reels a few years ago but I haven't seen another one since then.

Wal.

ImageImageImageImage

Chavender
Eel

Re: Another None Aerial KK variation.

Post by Chavender »

yes one of the ones without the " W " spring these are part of the youngs pattern 9 & 10 reel copy's I think these none W spring ones are later versions ,ww2 period reels was of a lesser quality aluminium ,by the mid 50's better was available ,these look the better quality aluminium and have the three holed centre's ,older ones and two holed ones ,really early ones in brass. .not been able to 100% confirm these as Kk but i'm pretty sure they are and made for quite a while along side the early aerials.and theres another reel that's suspected too be a Kk reel with the same W spring as the early models of these reels ,some call them trotting reels but they're more bottom reels .its the lack of refinement with the inner parts ,well they wasn't meant too be seen I guess so less trouble taken with them ,a lot of Kk reels have the simple wire V springs ,only the W sprung reels look nice rather than just functional .part of the charm .must be a Yorkshire thing as other peoples reels may have better looking inner parts ,but then the'd be "all fur coat & no knickers" to a Yorkshire man...
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Kenny Kendall Reels”