strike right ultraflo

The Other Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: strike right ultraflo

Post by AshbyCut »

Angler Scout's generally go for around a fiver on e++y ... so this chap is optimistic :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-Angle ... 4d0954a823

This Strike Right Ultraflow is worth keeping an eye on, with its leaflet and box :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRIKERIGHT-C ... 2c6cb1099b
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Unlike most reels, on which the spool release button is pulled away from the centre to release it, on this baby it has to be squeezed inwards to release. It pries open a sprung grippy thingummy...
Just in case I can save you a thumbnail or two.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Pic,s of my Ultraflo plus other,s here

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5187

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

This last week I've learned that the sturdy Strikeright reels were made in Hounslow and that Allcocks imported the Angler Scouts from 1969...they appear in their last ever Guide.

I presume after Noris Shakespeare ditched the famous Allcocks name ( the swines! ) they continued to import them along with all those other American reels that were actually made in Japan.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Vole wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:15 pm Unlike most reels, on which the spool release button is pulled away from the centre to release it, on this baby it has to be squeezed inwards to release. It pries open a sprung grippy thingummy...
Just in case I can save you a thumbnail or two.

Just re read this post after doing a bit of resurch.
I have a few Strikerights, have a soft spot for them.
I have had this one a couple of years now but yet to put some line on it.. its a nice little reel, just a fraction under 4"..
I have looked at the Strikeright info sheets on TFF and can't see this one listed..
I have still got my eye out for the 4" 1/8th Aduraflo. I have the 3 5/8th in the same model.

Mr B.
Ps.. yes, push release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Reels”