Le "Omnia" super

The Other Reels forum.
The VFC
Brown Trout

Re: Le "Omnia" super

Post by The VFC »

Nobby wrote:Ditto AC!

I can't actually remember any other characters form The Eagle.
One that should strike a note with both of us Nobby - "The Collector" - a weird antique shop owner who told the stories of his object each week... my favourite at the time being the story of a Samurai sword imbued with its former master's sense of honour!!

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I really like that. Such an interesting shape! I want one. Oh dear, I should stop looking on here.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Going to stop reading this stuff been in the loft for the last hour looking for this have one somewhere bloody useless thing if I find it first come first serve.
Bumble

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

I've now got two! Bought one for much the same reason as everybody else then bought another for spares as I like to be able to use a reel if the fancy takes me. I've now got a working one and one i can't take apart. I'm not surprised at that as they don't seem to be reels that are stripped down that often and my working one was almost solid inside. I've filled the other with degreaser and I'll leave it for a while.

I paid the princely sum of around £8.50 for my two examples.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I'd be interested bumble. I'll send PM.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Blimey - why does it only have one wing?:Confused:
niceroach

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Sadly the 'wing' is what closes the bale arm as the poor little thing whizzes past....ouch!

:cry:

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

At least it inspires a bit more confidence in its "fitness for purpose" than the equivalent bit of the Intrepid Standard!
That really did look so fragile you just knew you were supposed to break it and buy another one ... a bit silly, really; you wouldn't buy another from the same firm, would you?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Vole wrote:At least it inspires a bit more confidence in its "fitness for purpose" than the equivalent bit of the Intrepid Standard!
That really did look so fragile you just knew you were supposed to break it and buy another one ... a bit silly, really; you wouldn't buy another from the same firm, would you?
As I say, they seem quite robust, although the retrieve is awful - 2:1.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Just reignite this thread as I've just surreptitiously acquired one on eBay. It looks in mint condition too, probably paid a little over the odds (£8) but I've wanted one for a while and a one in this condition. Do any of you use one regularly?

Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Other Reels”