Le "Omnia" super

The Other Reels forum.
Robbi
Tench

Re: Le "Omnia" super

Post by Robbi »

that looks lovely :)

my half bail one is being fully refurbished at the moment, it should look as good as yours when it is finished :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

AshbyCut wrote:
I have to say I wanted one for only one reason ... to hang over the desk in my little man-cave ... so I can look up at it now and again and be taken back to the days of my youth when I waited eagerly every week for "The Eagle" to arrive. Every line of this reel's design, to me, is soooo evocative of the rockets and machines portrayed in "Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future" and his battles with The Mekon !!!
AC... I too was a fan of Dan Dare... that was till I lost all my hair and a couple of my not so charitable "Mates" started calling me "Mekon" :Hahaha:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Could be worse, Bluelabel ...

I was out in the garden last week, starting to 'put it to bed' for autumn ... and I heard Mrs. AC telling our neighbour my shirt could do with a good ironing.

The only thing was, I wasn't wearing a shirt !!! :(
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

AshbyCut wrote:Could be worse, Bluelabel ...

I was out in the garden last week, starting to 'put it to bed' for autumn ... and I heard Mrs. AC telling our neighbour my shirt could do with a good ironing.

The only thing was, I wasn't wearing a shirt !!! :(
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: there's a few of my lads at work that I'm stealing that for... Love it.. :laugh: :laugh:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

RobTheRake
Silver Bream

Post by RobTheRake »

Never seen one in such fine condition. It looks like a heavy reel; is it?
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I picked one up at a boot fair and had a play... but it was jammed solid... it didnt weight that much tbh
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

RobTheRake wrote:Never seen one in such fine condition. It looks like a heavy reel; is it?
I've never held one but I'll report on this one on its arrival. I love the jetson styling and notice them come up on eBay all the time but they're usually in a bit of a rough state. Either way I've got one now and I'm looking forward to doing a bit of float fishing with it.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

They are really quite light. Nice to use too. Although my bale arm has had it now.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I have an Omnia, too. I wonder if the wing on the reel could make the bale arm give off sparks?

Troutbeck [/quote]

I'm sure if I work the handle fast enough.... I'll break it. A meagre 2.1 ratio, I'll be lucky to make it warm.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Holy moley. What a piece of work is an Omnia. The instructions say to open the bail after the handle, it doesn't say that this is because the bail strikes the handle and the foot stem. Why would you invent something that that does that. 10/10 for retro style maybe 3/10 for practicality. Dear me...
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

Return to “Other Reels”