Albern?

The Other Reels forum.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Albern?

Post by Olly »

From the US sale:-
"This sale is for this scarce and nice "The Allbern reel" Made in England fishing reel recently purchased from collection of unused and lightly used items,The reel has is in nice barely used clean condition with a box (no line ,I believe it can be used for fly fishing .Unusual construction .It has a center pin and has 12 smaller cross pins .There is a light stamping on one side" Allbern trademark" Pat appd for Made in England(hard to read There are a few pen notes and some stain on the box top .The base of the box has a puncture tear ,The reel is made of either brass or aluminum and has a black enamel or paint on it. It measures aprox 4 "' across ,Add this unique reel to your fishing reel collection"

It states "Allbern" on the box.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also - https://picclick.co.uk/Vintage-Alloy-3- ... 41485.html

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Olly wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 pm From the US sale:-
"This sale is for this scarce and nice "The Allbern reel" Made in England fishing reel recently purchased from collection of unused and lightly used items,The reel has is in nice barely used clean condition with a box (no line ,I believe it can be used for fly fishing .Unusual construction .It has a center pin and has 12 smaller cross pins .There is a light stamping on one side" Allbern trademark" Pat appd for Made in England(hard to read There are a few pen notes and some stain on the box top .The base of the box has a puncture tear ,The reel is made of either brass or aluminum and has a black enamel or paint on it. It measures aprox 4 "' across ,Add this unique reel to your fishing reel collection"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, yes ! I see that one now. Manufacturer is not clear though as "The Allbern" might just be the name of the reel. It seems my french connection may have been a hareng rouge. I wonder who "in England" made that The Allbern ?!

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Stingray wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:25 pm
Olly wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 pm From the US sale:-

Oh, yes ! I see that one now. Manufacturer is not clear though as "The Allbern" might just be the name of the reel. It seems my french connection may have been a hareng rouge. I wonder who "in England" made that The Allbern ?!
It got me as well Ray. I have no idea who made the Allbern. It looks internally like a general run of the mill reel.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I have had a couple of them over the years. They run as smoothly as an aerial once set up correctly.

The two screw heads which you see on the drum face are a bit fiddly to get just right. One is used to lock the spool on the spindle and the other is used as a drag.
The reel in my photo doesn't appear to have the closest tolerance between drum and backplate, I would imagine line getting behind the drum on occasions.

ImageImage

Wal.

EssexMark
Minnow

Post by EssexMark »

Thank you gentlemen for all your replies. Mark

Return to “Other Reels”