Strikeright ??

The Other Reels forum.
Danesman
Silver Bream

Strikeright ??

Post by Danesman »

I have had this reel for sometime but have never used it. It came as part of a job lot of old fishing tackle on which I took a "punt ".
It runs very smoothly and is in pristine condition. It has the drag control on the front knurled nut which aligns with a flat on the spindle. A bit fiddly but it will never fall off accidently.

Does anybody know which model this might be ??

Rod
Grayling

Re: Strikeright ??

Post by Rod »

Good luck with your quest, when the manufacturer of these reels changed the individual name plate to just a generic one, it left the identification down to the name on the box. What with the fact that they also made a lot of their reels in different sizes as well, can also be a problem in saying which is which. There is a thread on here which lists most of their reels, you might be able to work out what one you have from there.
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

This is my 4 1/8th inch “Aduraflo”. Looks exactly like yours, as far as I can tell.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Looks like it is an Aduraflo ( I don't understand there crazy names!)
I have one. Has a nice little drag to twist to stop over runs should you use it for ledgering for fast running Carp!

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Danesman
Silver Bream

Post by Danesman »

Thank you for your replies I 'm now happy that I know I have an Aduraflo with the dragnut.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

After fiddling with and fixing a Strikeright reel a few days ago, I started to realise what little I know about the history of these reels.
In my early days of fishing, in the late sixties/early seventies, they were regularly seen and I had friends who owned them, but I have no idea of the manufacturing company, it's location, or the dates of manufacture of this range of reels.
I wonder if anybody on TFF can help with any information ?

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Nobby wrote about this back in 2014. He wrote that these were made at 442, Staines road, Hounslow.
My own “ Aduraflow” was sold through the distributor R.G.Edwards & Sons Ltd . The Square, Carshalton, Surrey. Sometime in the sixties I think.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Adur is a river in southern England partly in Sussex & Kent.

Strikerite made in Hounslow near the heath, I visited once when I worked in Hounslow town centre in the mid 60's.

Previous posting here under heading - "Strikeright reels"

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Olly wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:50 pm Adur is a river in southern England partly in Sussex & Kent.

Strikerite made in Hounslow near the heath, I visited once when I worked in Hounslow town centre in the mid 60's.

Previous posting here under heading - "Strikeright reels"
Thank you for the information Olly.
Every little bit of information helps.
I did a search, but couldn't find very much.

All the best.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Thanks to you, too, cane.
Every bit of information helps.

All the best

Return to “Other Reels”