Harringtons Gemina Sea Centrepin

The Other Reels forum.
Michael
Tench

Harringtons Gemina Sea Centrepin

Post by Michael »

I've been very fortunate in obtaining two mint condition, never been used, Gemina Seaspin centrepins.
I don't know anything about Harringtons or their product range, but I'm eagerly looking forward to giving them a spin!

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Re: Harringtons Gemina Sea Centrepin

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Michael, Lots on this site under T.J. Harringtons....most of their range is covered for reels. but the company where sports manufactures/retailers using alloy casting products.The "Gat" air pistol and its variants and accessories where a high production/sales items, also catapults. It was a youths market with products to suite limited pockets! Google the name and its well covered. Address Magna Works,Lyon Rd,Hersham Trading Estate, Molsey Road, Walton -on- Thames, Surrey.KT12 3PU. c. 1935-1996 (I believe now demolished and redeveloped as flats)

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Cheers Tonkin..I greatly appreciate your input and information. I'm particularly happy with them, as they were part of a late friend's collection.
Trying not to sound snobby, they're not my usual standard of pin, but I thought they'd make a nice memory and I'd occasionally give them the odd outing...

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

The bottom picure is a G&Y by the looks of it

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Liphook wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:52 am The bottom picure is a G&Y by the looks of it
I don't know if thats good or bad Liphook, but the lower photo, shows the internals of the Gemina Seaspin, the photo above...
I didn't think it worth posting two sets photos, which for all Intent and purpose, look exactly the same..

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'm not familiar with the Gemina reels Michael but those internals are Grice and Young and that's no bad thing at all in my book! The backplate on the 1st picture appears to have a ratchet button but the 2nd picture appears to show a rim lever?

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

I dont know if my old eyes are seeing right, but in the second photo, in the eleven o'clock position, I'm sure it says "G&Y"??? I have two of these, and the internals are not as this one is.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

My fault folks sorry.... :Brickwall:
I actually downloaded the wrong photo, not of the Gemina pins. I don't know where that came from?
Here's the correct second photo sent to me, as I've yet to physically collect them..

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

:Hahaha: I thought my eyes were deceiving me. It certainly looks mint :Sun:

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

That is well better than mine, luverly reel, too good to use, put it on a shelf, and just look at it.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Return to “Other Reels”