Daiwa 120M anti reverse? Schematic?

The Other Reels forum.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Daiwa 120M anti reverse? Schematic?

Post by Liphook »

Delighted to hear you had great service from Daiwa Ljm183 :Thumb: It's a company I've had close links with both in the Daiwa Seiko days and since the group rebrand into Globeride Inc. They are good people who make great products in my book. I've had several enjoyable visits to the Wishaw works and even been lucky enough to roll a few plastic blanks whilst under close supervision! We here in Europe only get to see a small amount of the tackle Daiwa produce and the mind boggles at the products they have in other markets especially the far east - though obviously that's far from traditional! My contact is going to look for the part I'm missing but doubts they will have it as that model is long out of production (they still carry spares for the 125 model apparently and some of those interchange with the 123) Like many large companies they only hold spares for so long and have to rationalise at some point. I'm a confirmed tackle tinkerer and may attempt to make my own replacement if the search for NOS draws a blank. It's the kind of job watermole+ could do in his sleep no doubt but perhaps some time at the vice with files could get me close ? Be a damn sight easier to just drop one in mind :Sun:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Liphook wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:47 pm Delighted to hear you had great service from Daiwa Ljm183 :Thumb: It's a company I've had close links with both in the Daiwa Seiko days and since the group rebrand into Globeride Inc. They are good people who make great products in my book. I've had several enjoyable visits to the Wishaw works and even been lucky enough to roll a few plastic blanks whilst under close supervision! We here in Europe only get to see a small amount of the tackle Daiwa produce and the mind boggles at the products they have in other markets especially the far east - though obviously that's far from traditional! My contact is going to look for the part I'm missing but doubts they will have it as that model is long out of production (they still carry spares for the 125 model apparently and some of those interchange with the 123) Like many large companies they only hold spares for so long and have to rationalise at some point. I'm a confirmed tackle tinkerer and may attempt to make my own replacement if the search for NOS draws a blank. It's the kind of job watermole+ could do in his sleep no doubt but perhaps some time at the vice with files could get me close ? Be a damn sight easier to just drop one in mind :Sun:
Just checked back and mine was the Daiwa Harrier 125M not the 120 as i thought

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'm assuming you sent it to Wishaw for servicing Ljm183 ? The 120M has the back peddle 'synchro' drag system. Was it a blatant copy/clone or was it made under licence from ABU? I think I'm right in saying 123M was essentially the same reel as the125M but without the drag and anti reverse ie back wind only, hence the interchangeable parts. Can't remember if the spools interchange on all 3? I've a feeling they don't. I have at least one of each in storage and now I've bought this one I'll have to dig them out.

Return to “Other Reels”