Airex Bache Brown Spinster. Now Sold.

The Other Reels forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Airex Bache Brown Spinster. Now Sold.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Has anyone any information about other items from this company or about this type of reel. I am having a bit of a clear out and would like to know something about it before it goes up for sale.
I bought it on a whim as an alternative to the other half bail reels I own but I never used it and never really found out much about the maker.

It is in very good condition, looks well made and works smoothly. It looks like it probably hasn't been used very much in its life so may appeal to a collector of American reels.

The box holds a small tin of brake dressing and a small packet containing a spare "Fuzzy Monel" wire. This is the same idea as used on some other reels to prevent line getting behind the spool.

Grateful for any information.

Wal.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Wallys-Cast on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat
Chub

Re: Airex Bache Brown Spinster.

Post by Cat »

Hi,
No, but it looks fantastic!
Regards Cat

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Yummy.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Reel now for sale, please see the for sale section.

Wal.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

The company started in New York in 1946 and was selling reels from 1947 with the Bache Brown Mastereel. The Spinster came a little later in 1949 finishing in 1958 several versions later. The company changed hands in 1962 to the Feurer Brothers hence quite a few of their later reels are marked "FB". Hope that helps Wal.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Fredline wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm The company started in New York in 1946 and was selling reels from 1947 with the Bache Brown Mastereel. The Spinster came a little later in 1949 finishing in 1958 several versions later. The company changed hands in 1962 to the Feurer Brothers hence quite a few of their later reels are marked "FB". Hope that helps Wal.
Thanks John, I thought it would have been around that time due to the half bail..

Wal.

Return to “Other Reels”