DIAWA I'm not sure how this happened

The Other Reels forum.
Stingray
Grayling

Re: DIAWA I'm not sure how this happened

Post by Stingray »

Duckett wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:22 pm I showed this post to my brother as it sparked a memory. He though that he and our Mum both used these for many years for their beachcasting. In his words, "Large, heavy, maroon-brown and the best fixed spool sea reel we ever used." As a result, we spent a very pleasant hour or so reminiscing about our learning beachcasting in the early 1970s. His PB with his was a 25lb+ conger eel off the rocks at Moelfre, Ynys Mon. We thought Mum's was large pollock off the end of Holyhead Breakwater - I say large, as we remember that it made a huge, and very tasty, fish pie for 5 of us with lots left over!
Sounds like the 7700 - certainly one of the best from the 7000 range. An excellent sea reel and I still use mine today.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

It has just occurred to me that this thread on the WSF Vintage Fishing Tackle Club forum may be of interest -

https://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ ... s.3345374/

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Stingray wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:45 pm It has just occurred to me that this thread on the WSF Vintage Fishing Tackle Club forum may be of interest -

https://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ ... s.3345374/
That's just about all the info I could find on these reels myself there really is not much else to my knowledge :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Trainset wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm Hi Bob the foat,
yes please to pictures and any info on parts etc would be great.
Ill take some snaps this weekend for you :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Trainset wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm Hi Bob the foat,
yes please to pictures and any info on parts etc would be great.
Sorry for the delay
Here are the 7300, 7300b, 7300h, 7300ha
I have a couple of 7300 A versions but there burried at the moment but I'm sure there almost identical to the B versions.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

:monkeys: Nooooooooooooo!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

RBTraditional wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm :monkeys: Nooooooooooooo!
Oh Robert just imagine how lovely a 7300b would sit on one of your beloved Avons :eyebrow:

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

BTF.
I wonder if you could help me.
I have just bought three rather sad looking Daiwa 7700A reels to fettle and use for beach casting on the east coast.

They are a bit corroded, as you would expect in a sea reel that has been neglected, but I reckon I can get two working ones out of the three..

To remove the flyer I need to remove the spindle end which appears to be fixed with a roll pin through the main spindle. The object of this exercise is to fit a spacer washer to take up the play in the assembly.
I cannot find an exploded view of this model and I wondered if by chance you had, or, knew where to obtain one before I attack said spindle with a hammer and pin punch.

Thanks for looking,

Paul.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thyratron wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:58 pm BTF.
I wonder if you could help me.
I have just bought three rather sad looking Daiwa 7700A reels to fettle and use for beach casting on the east coast.

They are a bit corroded, as you would expect in a sea reel that has been neglected, but I reckon I can get two working ones out of the three..

To remove the flyer I need to remove the spindle end which appears to be fixed with a roll pin through the main spindle. The object of this exercise is to fit a spacer washer to take up the play in the assembly.
I cannot find an exploded view of this model and I wondered if by chance you had, or, knew where to obtain one before I attack said spindle with a hammer and pin punch.

Thanks for looking,

Paul.
Hi Paul I hope this helps :Hat:

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

Bob The Float,
Thanks so much for the diagram. It has save me from destroying a reel, as the piece I thought to remove doesn't need it after all. Part no.4 main shaft. I'll put photo's up when they are fixed. I must see if I can find some paint to help prevent further corrosion after I have removed the blisters.

Thank you again,

Paul.

Return to “Other Reels”